Odour control with tent and charcoal filter

DaveL

I have a 4 x 4 x 6.5 tent with 4 white widows at around 8 weeks flower. Not massive plants at all but pungent, even with the filter. You can smell it as soon as you walk in. I have to assume that the tent vents must be the weak spot. The tent needs to be vented for air intake. How do you deal with this?
We are having about 75 people over for a bbq in 10 days and I don't want to chop anything too early.
Thanks all.

Tape up any seems wth balck
Gorilla tape. How’s old
Is your carbon filter? What size hose are you using. Is it venting outside? Do you have adequate intake and air exchange? I
Also use a Odor eater outside my grow room just for when it’s opened hope some of this helps

Your tent should be held at negative pressure. There's nothing going "out" through the seams because air is being pulled "in" through them. Any air leaving the tent would go through the carbon filter.

If it stinks your airflow is wrong or your carbon is spent.

The cinnamon is a great idea for a mask.

You mean the vents should be closed? The tent should be sucking in a bit? Did not know that. I always kept a large vent open. My second tent grow.

You mean the vents should be closed? The tent should be sucking in a bit? Did not know that. I always kept a large vent open. My second tent grow.

Yes close all vents, except 1. Air in. As long as your carbon filter fan is running fast enough your tent sides will suck in a little this no air gets out that is unfiltered

Your tent should be held at negative pressure. There's nothing going "out" through the seams because air is being pulled "in" through them. Any air leaving the tent would go through the carbon filter.

If it stinks your airflow is wrong or your carbon is spent.

The cinnamon is a great idea for a mask.

what he said
yes tent sucking in a bit, I leave bottom flaps open for intake and my tent still sucks in ...now in further defining your airflow being wrong …. you could have to small a fan and filter or they aren't matched up properly .

The ventilation, filter, fan were a kit. 4 inch.
I'm sucking the air through the filter as opposed to pushing it and venting through the 4 inch hose in to the room outside the tent. Only about 1 year old setup.

4 in filter is too small for a 4*4. Depending on how high of static pressure the fan is rated for it's likely too small as well.

A filter will reduce rated fan cfm output by 30-60%. I suggest at least a 6 in filter.

I use 8*24 filters for my 4*4 tents

The ventilation, filter, fan were a kit. 4 inch.
I'm sucking the air through the filter as opposed to pushing it and venting through the 4 inch hose in to the room outside the tent. Only about 1 year old setup.
You could try reversing it pull air through the tent and push it out your filter .

4 in filter is too small for a 4*4. Depending on how high of static pressure the fan is rated for it's likely too small as well.

A filter will reduce rated fan cfm output by 30-60%. I suggest at least a 6 in filter.

Haha I use 4" fan and 8x24" carbon filter for 2x2 on med speed.

I use a 6" fan and filter that will clear the room the tent is in once every 3 minutes with the air blowing through the filter . In my main room I use a 12"fan and filter rated to clear the room once a minute on the highest setting .

Don't do that. They have prefilters for a reason. Pushing the air through the filter negates that. It will plug with dust much faster.
You put the prefilter inside .

You put the prefilter inside .

So you cram a big ass obstruction into a piece of duct thats already too restrictive? Gross. Now all that dust is ending up inside your air cooled motor windings on it's way to that big roadblock.

@DaveL I love my hyperfan. They are not cheap but have a ton of torque and build great static pressure, they also use far less energy than anything else on the market. It costs less to buy and run one than a cheaper fan will. I run two 4*4 tents with one 8in fan

So you cram a big ass obstruction into a piece of duct thats already too restrictive? Gross. Now all that dust is ending up inside your air cooled motor windings on it's way to that big roadblock.

@DaveL I love my hyperfan. They are not cheap but have a ton of torque and build great static pressure, they also use far less energy than anything else on the market. It costs less to buy and run one than a cheaper fan will. I run two 4*4 tents with one 8in fan
a clean filter inside of your charcoal filter its that easy .... I guess you should write the guys and canfilter and tell them they shouldn't recommend doing that .

edited ...I should have been more specific when I recommended it.

Back
Top Bottom