Oh no, is this what I think it is? Help!

jamesvr6

Hi people, I currently have a grow journal in progress and thought I would see if anyone could help.

I am growing either white widow or northern lights - got stoned and mixed them up when repotting :cool:

They are 10 days into flower and I have spotted this

S8300388.JPG

But I swear I also see pistils??

S8300387.JPG

S8300389.JPG

Am I being paranoid - 1st ever grow or do I have a male or even a hermie.

I bought feminized seeds.

If so how / why if a hermie.

Can I do ANYTHING with a male? Can I not smoke anything - those hairs look soooo appealing. I appreciate it wont be strong but 3 months seems a waste on my first grow.

Please help!!

:thumb:

Re: Oh no, is this what I think it is??? Help!!

I don't know what you see that is worrying you. In the first picture those two little things coming out at the crook aren't a problem. You want to look for little balls coming out of that area, if it's just hairs you are fine. Also watch the budding spots for little yellow banana leaves.

If you do have a hermie and it is your only plant then I would keep growing it, you will get some decent smokable bud from it. If you have other plants going and get a hermie, then toss it, you don't want it to pollinate the rest of your females.

Cheers for the response, I am just being paranoid as its 1st grow. I thought the little thing out the crook was a developing ball sack.

Thanks!!

:thumb:

That's not a hermie as far as I can see from the pictures, it's normal for ever single internode (any place where a stem and branch meet, or where a branch divides) to have at least one seed calyx (seed packet) and two pistils.

These are the first calyxs to show up, and they die off pretty quickly. Perhaps since it was starting to dry up, you thought it was a male pollen sack, but they don't look like that.

:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom