Oh Oh. Using ozone for pest control

OldMedUser

Formerly Known as LabRat
I've been knocking down some thrips with homemade nicotine water sprays once a week and decided to flood the room with O3 to finish the little buggers off. I usually only use ozone outside the grow room to keep the stink out of the rest of the house.

I ran the generators for a few hours during the light period with fans and exhaust on like usual. No ill effects so I let them run for the 12 hour night period and went down to check at lights on.

Bummer! My KaliMist's fan leaves were all toasted and curled up. The Kush didn't look bothered at all.

I sprayed the Kalis down with distilled water with a couple of drops of superthrive added for good measure, turned the lights out and leaving them off until they come on tonight.

Hope they come back. They're only 50 days into flower and WERE looking good.

Let this be a warning to those who may be thinking the same thing.

Oh man!

Enough O3 will sterilize a GR (bugs, plants, YOU if you fall asleep in it long enough, etc.).

I'd guess that you did cure your insect issue (unless there were buried eggs) though.

Hope your girls survive!

Oh man!

Enough O3 will sterilize a GR (bugs, plants, YOU if you fall asleep in it long enough, etc.).

I'd guess that you did cure your insect issue (unless there were buried eggs) though.

Hope your girls survive!

Looks like the leaf damage is permanent tho it only seems to have affected the top third of the KaliMist plants and only the fan leaves.

The leaf in the buds themselves have minor tip damage but seem ok otherwise. No damage at all to the Kush girls.

I'm just going to cut off all the damage and keep on keepin' on. The lower fan leaves will have more light getting to them so I don't think it will have to great a negative effect. They're on their third flowering in DWC tubs so have lived way past their normal lives. Like Lazurus they keep rising from the dead. :0)

Nuked them damn thrips real good!

Thanks for your kind thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom