ok ppm's, what are some good ranges? for ages

zierf

ok myself i have a soil grow right now.

i have a Cousin Who just started a grow of some cheap bag seed. that is about 2 1/2 weeks ols from seed. And he has a drip system for vegg with rockwill. And when the plants go to the flower room he has a ebb n flow setup.

i want to say he has about 7 little babys right now and he has the ppm's in the 1400 range for the plants that are a little over 2 weeks old. That is way to high isn't it? i think it should be around 400-500 ppm's for plants that young.

Any Opinions?

my self i don't read the lables for the dosage. I go by the ppm's . I have 3 plants in there 4th. Week into flower and i put my ppm's at about 1200 with RO water. With the ppm's steadly increasing as the get older.

i just gave him about 7 clones of sour desiel and just don't want to see him burn up the plants

This thread has a ton of good info, I am still reading through it all myself.

Nutes - What To Use & How To Use Them - Tutorial

Each nutrient company is a little different, each pen measures Ph and calculates TDS differently, each strain has different nutrient uptake, needs, etc, so anything you find will generally only offer you a good starting point. Make a little chart or something and take notes, adjusting up or down and see how you plants respond, and that way you can start at a better spot next time around.

Good Luck

EDIT: And remember, soil and soil-less are completely different. Soil-less you need to provide all the food to the plant, good soil will provide most of the food, adding nutes should only supplement what is there. I use a modified Fox Farm blend and use straight water until flowering, and then only start to add nutes in very light doses. I start out slow, figuring its better for the plant to ask for more food rather than tell me its overfed.

This thread has a ton of good info, I am still reading through it all myself.

Nutes - What To Use & How To Use Them - Tutorial

Each nutrient company is a little different, each pen measures Ph and calculates TDS differently, each strain has different nutrient uptake, needs, etc, so anything you find will generally only offer you a good starting point. Make a little chart or something and take notes, adjusting up or down and see how you plants respond, and that way you can start at a better spot next time around.

Good Luck

EDIT: And remember, soil and soil-less are completely different. Soil-less you need to provide all the food to the plant, good soil will provide most of the food, adding nutes should only supplement what is there. I use a modified Fox Farm blend and use straight water until flowering, and then only start to add nutes in very light doses. I start out slow, figuring its better for the plant to ask for more food rather than tell me its overfed.

thank you for the info. Yes i have read that before. I have grown in both soil and hydro.
i Personally like to go by the ppm's when i feed my plants in hydro or soil. The older and bigger the plants the more nutes they get.

i just today gave him 7 baby clone's that have rooted and but are still babys he also has some 2 week old seedlings that he has started to feed with full strength nutes. Which i know is not very good for baby plants

I agree, little plants eat less than big ones, and PPM's is a good way to measure the concentration of your nutes. The main point I was trying to make is that your cousin, growing hydro in rockwool will need to add more nutes throughout the life of the plant than you will if you are growing in soil. (Rockwool=Spun Granite / Soil=All kinds of good crap). If all goes well, he may edge you on yield, but you should beat him with superior taste and smell.

And yes, full strength nutes on seedlings generally will cause some serious burn, in my opinion.

Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom