OMG! Look at this!

Optimus PrimeBud

Ok so here is the issue! Plant is about one week old, growing in rockwool, issue 1. It didn't have enough light and grew to tall now it needs supports, that problem is fixed. Issue 2. Leaves are turning yellow, brown at tips ONLY on the oval leaves, could be nutrition overload I put one drop of miracle grow on the rockwool could this be the issue?
DSC_1729.JPG

I do not want to give up on this plant yet it's a very mice lemon skunk plant that has potential. Any suggestions on what the problem is or what I might be able to do to fix it?

Re: OMG! Look at this!!

the drop of MG could have locked up the medium, keep using plain water until she recovers. Whats the waters PH?

did you presoak the rockwool in ph adjusted water before planting? rockwool is very touchy and not forgiving at all.

No i did not presoak the rockwool. This was my very first attempt at growing and sadly I started before finding this site or reading up about much. Right now its a rescue attempt to keep her going. I also am not sure how to determine the ph of the water although I am using distilled water and its mixed with 1 drop of miracle grow in a 8oz water bottle.

Could transplanting the rockwool into a scoots indoor soil mix help out? Would this make it easier to take care of?

One more question! Is this a normal height of a week old plant? when can I expect it to branch out?

soil is way easier to start out with than hydro. imo

if you use distilled the PH is of no concern.

put the rockwool in soil and stop using the MG altogether, until the plant has a full set of adult leaves. after that you can start with 1/3 strength nutes. or- do yourself a favor and check out the treads here on OC+ and other CRF's like dynamite.

Ok I will be putting the plant in soil and I will keep everyone updated about if she makes it or not. Since the plant is so tall would it be wise to burry it somewhat deep to cover some of the stalk? or should i just keep the supports on it? And when should I expect the adult leaves to come in?

Showing my all empowering newb skills on here. What does OC and CRF stand for haha. I'm learning and hope to gain as much knowledge as I can from everyone on here

Let me provide some more info now that I've read a few more threads on this forum. AND she has now been transplanted to soil. About how long will it take for her to recover?

Feminized Lemon Skunk strain
Indica/sativa?
#2 plants
Vegetative
Vegetative Stage... 1 week
Indoor
Soil
Scotts indoor soil mix
6" pot
400 watt halide bulb...only 1 about 4 inches from the plant
fan running onw medium 24/7 not directly on the plant
Temperature of Room/Cabinet 75 degrees
RH of Room?
PH of Medium ?
no pests
watered 2 times a day morning and night
MG for fertilizer but instructed to stop using for now
medium size closet

1-2"??? Yikes! No wonder its stunted... lol.

This link is an invaluable resource... bookmark it, read it, and then re-read it. I always find something new (or get reminded of things i forgot).
How to Grow Cannabis - Everything You Need to Know!

Ok so everything has been changed around the lights been moved. But the soil remains and issue I've been informed not to try and take it out of the soil and flush it because of the shock. My new question is when will she start to get a second set of leaves? Does that take weeks and is she a normal size for how old she is? Second I'm starting a new plant should I just use rockwool and not add any nutes at all? Or should I soak the rockwool in nutes? Thanks for the info!

No, don't soak the rockwool in nutes. Wait until the plant has a few sets of leaves before adding nutes. I have made the mistake the first couple of grows. Now using 1/4 to 1/2 the recommended and things look great in the early stages. I have started using patience as a tool and has fixed my growing problems.

If you decide to move her into different soil,There is a product for her roots,Which will help her from possibly going into shock.It's called BONTONE/ROOTING POWDER.once u get her out of the soil be very gentle and make sure your hands are clean and have NO CIGARETTE SMELL ON YOUR HANDS,THIS WILL KILL A YOUNG SEEDLING.Take the seedling plant and gently dip the root into the rooting powder,By putting some into the lid of the RP.Make sure you bury her up to the 1st set of leaves,The rounded ones.I bought one of those self watering tubes they advertise on TV.u can get them at wal-mart or grocery store.When watering I also 1 time a week,use MONTY'S JOY JUICE In a spray bottle."A NEW ONE"put 1/4 TEASPOON IN SPRAY BOTTLE THEN USE DISTILLED h2o.This joy juice is 8-16-8 8% Nitrogen(N)/16% Phosphate or (P2O5) & 8% Potash (K2O)I spray gently on leaves,"NOT TO MUCH" Or you will get to much on those fragile leaves and bend the plant over.But just make sure you bury her up to the rounded leaves.BASICALLY THE ROOT POWDER WILL GIVE YOU STRONGER ROOTS & HELP PREVENT SHOCK OR JUST BUY SHOCK TREATMENT FOR PLANT,AND STILL DO THE ROOT POWDER STEP ON YOUR ROOTS OF YOUR PLANT.THE JOY JUICE WILL IN THE LONG RUN GIVE YOU HUGE LEAVES AND FLOWERS.I DID THIS WITH MY 1ST AND IT TURNED OUT GREAT!!!!.My ROOTS WERE THE SIZE OF SILVER DOLLARS.AND MY LEAVES AND BUDS WERE HUGE.MY ONLY PROBLEM WAS THE CURING PART,WHICH I GOT HELP WITH ON HERE.GOOD LUCK HOPE SHE BRINGS YOU PLEASURE.KEEP ME POSTED ON HOW IT WORKS OUT.:good luck:FORGOT TO TELL YOU GIVE HER PLENTY OF LIGHT,SODIUM OR ANY :wood:GRO LAMP.AND A SMALL FAN FOR CIRCULATION.YOU PROBABLY KNOW ABOUT MOST OF WHAT I SAID,BUT JUST TRYING TO HELP.

So, you're using Scotts soil? It's just as bad as Miracle grow and actually are both owned by the same company. You won't need any nutes at all for quite sometime in that soil. Up to 5 or 6 weeks depending on the mix. Scott's and Miracle grow have a tendency to be way too hot for seedlings killing them. Sometimes the mix is ok. I'd keep a really close eye on it. You can leave the plant in the rockwool when you plant into soil. It does no harm.

Thank you for the information :) I have made a few changes since I Lasted posted the plant survived the transplant and its doing ok but not great, since then I started another plant and its doing pretty good I think lol. Anyway check out my grow journal! I have plenty of pics of both plants and I'd love all your feedback on how I'm doing.

Back
Top Bottom