ONAgel ruined taste and smell of bud

5dollah

Hi there!

I had my first go at growing. Did two plants with alot of topping and some LST. The growspace was very small, but there was alot of light. I didnt use a carbon filter, i used ONAgel. I cut them down when i was happy with the effects and trichomes look mostly clear. They were both sativas. Now they are drying, still with the ONAgel.

Yield was very good, but the buds are small(probably due to low space/light on the buds). Took down a branch and fast dried it in my oven. The bud smells and tastes like ONAgel! How can i fix this? I think ive got around 100-130g/4 ounces whens its finished drying...

Watercure? Since my buds already are loose/airy, i think a lot will be lost?
Making hash/kief? Almost everything will be lost?

I stopped using ona in the immediate area of growing/ drying bud

I wasted a couple of lbs because of this,the smell of the flowers did come back,but it always seem to have a "ona" taste

yes, the longer they sat in the jars,the less notice it became, after a few joints,I couldnt taste it,but I did have some people tell me it tasted Like ona,so I dont use it in my rooms or drying area

Ona attaches to the "smell" particles in the air

did you use the blocks? or jell? liquid?

I find that the stuff I make (diy ona) seems to not be as big of a problem,but I still keep it away from the areas

Used the GEL. I placed some in a jar near the exhaust from my closet. The whole room smelled like ONA. I dont have any vents to use for intake/exhaust air.

I think ill go for carbon filter next time. That stuff should take car of the smell, right?

As for saving my crop, Ill finish to dry it, then cure it for a long, long time.

Back
Top Bottom