One Light Per Lazy Grow Almost

On the Fence

I am following a friend’s lazy method except for the scrog being he grows in open room. One light per plant. Doesn’t care about wasted light. NO trimming. What a mess! He had a very large grow for 25+ yrs and now just 2 plants in open room in his house. The buried containers just sit full of equipment now not used. So sad a dispensary moved too close to him and now he is not allowed to commercially grow. Some F_d up AZ law. He was there first! He buried those containers by hand in the desert! He is an animal for sure.
Has AMAZING results from one plant so I thought I would give it a try and keep him smiling. You can't ask for advice and then not take it.

Sour Diesel Clone from last grow.
Vegged outside in 3gal fabric FFOF.

Brought it is at night because of the extreme winds we could and do have. I have had this pot blow over so I make wind breaks and move as needed.

Well water only as needed which is every day and sometimes twice because of the wind and 100F heat and fabric pot.

I didn’t take any photos early, sorry, it’s just a plant in a pot. LOL
I guess I took the clone around the first of June.
This was taken 6-15 and was FIMed once.
IMG_20220615.jpg

Snapped a couple of branches and tied down. 6-27
IMG_20220627.jpg

6-28 waking up to a great day after being blown over and had one branch break off 2 days earlier.
IMG_20220628.jpg

7-8 happy girl
IMG_20220708.jpg

7-30 Transplanted into 10gal plastic pot with FFOF. Start 12/12 cycle in tent in basement because it is too hot in the shop grow room. Gave it a good soaking with just well water.

A bit of a pain getting the plant out of fabric pot by myself. Last time I use them. I used 10gal fabric potato pots last grow. They dry out too fast.

Light is a ES300 V3 from The Green Sunshine Co. I can see now I will be height challenged soon as the light is only 14” from Scrog Net. Turned down to level 7 which is 190W.

Humidifier is digital and has it’s own built in Humidistat which I am not fond of because I can’t control it outside and is just full of lights that I covered up. IT does have a heater and UV which I like. See how it goes in a tent.

Small electric heater on low controlled by Inkbird Wifi controller as is the exhaust fan mounted on top of tent directly.
The fan on top is a 6” Can-Fan that I got for a Radon system years ago and never used. Not cheap 20 yrs ago. LOL

I also have another inline 6” fan on a bottom hole for humidity control. Again controlled by Inkbird Wifi controller that I calibrated for 24hr in salt bag along with another humidity sensor.

2 small USB fans.
IMG_20220730.jpg

These lights have better coverage higher up. My last grow was done at 32” but was in a 8’ tall room.
Screenshot_20220807-074855.jpg

Turned up to 100% at 330W, not 230 so the numbers at the bottom are not good, a week later.
Give it a shot keeping a close eye on it.
Screenshot_20220807-162818.png

Full strength Botanicare Bloom every watering as directions say, 25ml/gal. Have to add PH up to 6.5 from my spa chems.
Roots are showing out the bottom of the pot already in just 8 days. After 2 watering’s I added nutes every other time.
8-7 She is lovin life big time.
I took out the humidifier as this big pot is putting out tons of humidity upwards of 100%. The inside of the tent was covered in water for 2 days! I had to add another exhaust fan just for humidity control. Now can control 60 to 64%RH.
She is filling up this 2x4 quickly.
IMG_20220807.jpg

I am following a friend’s lazy method except for the scrog being he grows in open room. One light per plant. Doesn’t care about wasted light. Has AMAZING results from one plant so I thought I would give it a try and keep him smiling. You can't ask for advice and then not take it.

Sour Diesel Clone from last grow.
Vegged outside in 3gal fabric FFOF.

Brought it is at night because of the extreme winds we could and do have. I have had this pot blow over so I make wind breaks and move as needed.

Well water only as needed which is every day and sometimes twice because of the wind and 100F heat and fabric pot.

I didn’t take any photos early, sorry, it’s just a plant in a pot. LOL
I guess I took the clone around the first of June.
This was taken 6-15 and was FIMed once.
IMG_20220615.jpg

Snapped a couple of branches and tied down. 6-27
IMG_20220627.jpg

6-28 waking up to a great day after being blown over and had one branch break off 2 days earlier.
IMG_20220628.jpg

7-8 happy girl
IMG_20220708.jpg

7-30 Transplanted into 10gal plastic pot with FFOF. Start 12/12 cycle in tent in basement because it is too hot in the shop grow room. Gave it a good soaking with just well water.

A bit of a pain getting the plant out of fabric pot by myself. Last time I use them. I used 10gal fabric potato pots last grow. They dry out too fast.

Light is a ES300 V3 from The Green Sunshine Co. I can see now I will be height challenged soon as the light is only 14” from Scrog Net. Turned down to level 7 which is 190W.

Humidifier is digital and has it’s own built in Humidistat which I am not fond of because I can’t control it outside and is just full of lights that I covered up. IT does have a heater and UV which I like. See how it goes in a tent.

Small electric heater on low controlled by Inkbird Wifi controller as is the exhaust fan mounted on top of tent directly.
The fan on top is a 6” Can-Fan that I got for a Radon system years ago and never used. Not cheap 20 yrs ago. LOL

I also have another inline 6” fan on a bottom hole for humidity control. Again controlled by Inkbird Wifi controller that I calibrated for 24hr in salt bag along with another humidity sensor.

2 small USB fans.
IMG_20220730.jpg

These lights have better coverage higher up. My last grow was done at 32” but was in a 8’ tall room.
Screenshot_20220807-074855.jpg

Turned up to 100% at 330W, not 230 so the numbers at the bottom are not good, a week later.
Give it a shot keeping a close eye on it.
Screenshot_20220807-162818.png

Full strength Botanicare Bloom every watering as directions say, 25ml/gal. Have to add PH up to 6.5 from my spa chems.
Roots are showing out the bottom of the pot already in just 8 days. After 2 watering’s I added nutes every other time.
8-7 She is lovin life big time.
I took out the humidifier as this big pot is putting out tons of humidity upwards of 100%. The inside of the tent was covered in water for 2 days! I had to add another exhaust fan just for humidity control. Now can control 60 to 64%RH.
She is filling up this 2x4 quickly.
IMG_20220807.jpg
Man she really took.off looks like gonna.be a big girl.soon she fills.on.good.

Having heat issues now even in a 75 deg room after turning up the lights. Had to add my old humidifier that I can control and trying out a small tower swamp cooler. It can oscillate and has 3 fan speeds which are really powerful even just as a tower fan. I had to take a hot knife to the back of the fill drawer so I could add Ice. Directions say not to, just ice water. HA HA. Maybe the joke will be on me later but just plain tap water did nothing to cool down anything. Hard to find things that aren’t controlled with electronics so I can control them with WIFI Controllers. I have finally got a balance after two days of messing with it. 79-81F and 60-64RH pretty steady now. The swamp cooler raises humidity and temp so it was a balancing act for sure and I had to add another humidity controller for a fan separate from the Can Fan.
The swamp cooler goes off with the lights pretty much.
IMG_20220821_1.jpg

8-21
She is needing 2gal every 2.5 days now, not 3! She started to droop in the bottom half. I had planned on watering the next morning after checking last night. She can sure drink even in her sleep.
img_20220821-jpg.2569134

8-22 with 2 tiny clones from her. 22 days in flower.
IMG_20220822.jpg

IMG_20220821.jpg

Pistils are browning up.
6.5 in and 6.5 out
Leaf temps are 86F when the lights are on. I run it 86F and 66RH then. 80F and 60RH when they are off.
The new WIFI controllers are nice and easy. I had to get a WIFI extender.
Finally got decent internet. Starlink after 19 months waiting in Q! 140 down and 10 up on best day. 30 and 3 on it's worse.
IMG_20220829_101808179.jpg

Also got a new AC unit with heat, delivered to the barn 120' away from our front door. Clearly they didn't want to see us.
IMG_20220828 AC Unit.jpg

Having heat issues now even in a 75 deg room after turning up the lights. Had to add my old humidifier that I can control and trying out a small tower swamp cooler. It can oscillate and has 3 fan speeds which are really powerful even just as a tower fan. I had to take a hot knife to the back of the fill drawer so I could add Ice. Directions say not to, just ice water. HA HA. Maybe the joke will be on me later but just plain tap water did nothing to cool down anything. Hard to find things that aren’t controlled with electronics so I can control them with WIFI Controllers. I have finally got a balance after two days of messing with it. 79-81F and 60-64RH pretty steady now. The swamp cooler raises humidity and temp so it was a balancing act for sure and I had to add another humidity controller for a fan separate from the Can Fan.
The swamp cooler goes off with the lights pretty much.
IMG_20220821_1.jpg

8-21
She is needing 2gal every 2.5 days now, not 3! She started to droop in the bottom half. I had planned on watering the next morning after checking last night. She can sure drink even in her sleep.
img_20220821-jpg.2569134

8-22 with 2 tiny clones from her. 22 days in flower.
IMG_20220822.jpg

IMG_20220821.jpg
Man she really beafed up since the beginning of your grow super nice u should get a good yeild.off her sour diesel usually big yielders and too.knotch smoke

Got some color on the big leaves at 5.5wks. in flower.
Lights still at 14" above scrog and about 8" from outer tops, 100%. They aren't growing up anymore so I may be able to finish her in the tent. Awful close but doesn't look like anything is getting too much light.

The little swap cooler is just being a humidifier along with the other one. I don't see any cooling out of it unless you put ice in. It does raise the humidity in a heart beat. Great to get the tent back to normal RH after cooling fan turns back off.

I did decided to check the infrared laser and found it to be 10F off at times. I tossed it and readjusted control. I have another one and checked against 2 very good meters and all is good now. Damn, I should of checked it earlier.
Now leaf temp with lights on is 80-81F so I am back to 61RH then. The tops weren't as hot as I thought.

I gave 2 clones from her away to neighbor who has Alpacas. She has never grew and wants to use her Alpaca shit. I may add some tea but scared.
Still feeding full strength every other watering. Bloom 1-4-5
She is taking about 2.5 gal every 2.5 days. 6.5 PH in and out the bottom about a quart or more.

IMG_20220907_080734263.jpg

Taking the tops today, maybe all. 61 days in flower. Was expecting 70 to 80 days. Must be the light intensity but I do like early smoke. I just can't seem to get a focused photo now. It worked great when new. The lower buds are solid but not developed yet.
I was expecting larger buds but these guys are rock solid. Could also be not trimming or Lollipop? The mother didn't have big bud either but it was crowded with 5 plants in a 3x5 and they got Lolli. These buds are way more solid than than the last grow, especially the lower buds. I'm sure it's because of the high power light and not crowded. Can hardly wait to dry and weigh.

2022_10_01_08_15_08_460.jpg

IMG_20221001_082239681.jpg

IMG_20221001_081826556sm.jpg

Remember I gave the neighbor 2 clones? Well she killed them. I thought she had the grow setup but she didn't and left them outside and they got too cold she said. I doubt that was the issue as I have had clones with 8" of snow on them and surprisingly they had no ill effect at all! I don't think it got below 50F. I bet she feed them Alpaca/goat tea or over watered them. Those clones were hardy and had a tough life as it was but survived my wrath. LOL At least she didn't pay $70.77 a pop for them like my wife did! I misted them every few hours for 2 weeks or more even at night that should be worth something. Couldn't find the Diesel photo.
mendo breath.jpg

11.9 Oz total with 8.1 oz of just tops. Nothing was weighed under 3/4 diameter really that was very very little.
I would say one light per plant is a very productive way being my last grow was five plants and only 15 oz total, and one of those five plants was the mother of this plant.
IMG_20221016_154958207.jpg

The 3 jars on the right were the main colas and frankly I liked the lower buds better. I will be snapping those mains next time to keep the canopy more even. I think they are well done. LOL
Down to my last half gal jar. My wife decided to partake again so it is going faster than planned. I started 2 Dutch Passion Blueberry Autos but I'm too late, I will be going to the dispensary before they are ready. Dang!!!!!! Accepting donations, LOL.

I'm going to just leave these be, no topping, thinning, just LST. Again a semi lazy grow in 10 gal. FFOF from the start. As soon as I move them to the 5x5 they will get their own ES300 ( now defunct business) light. I'm not expecting 12 oz per plant for autos so I started 2.

IMG_20230322_112933883.jpg

14 days old since pop. Light is on 10 at 32" for a week now. 800 Umol. Have yet to water or nute since putting them in the 10gal. 70%RH, 77F. I don't trust that meter in the middle, I don't know why I have it in there except the ease of high and low but I have that data on the controllers too.
IMG_20230404_060652112.jpg

Moved to 5x5 washroom 2 weeks ago. Great strain with huge stalk and great alternating node. Dutch Passion.
41 days on mine. Still under one ES300 light 850Umol, 30" from top. 4 hrs off. 77deg. 13 to 55% RH depending if the humidifier runs out between my 12hr checks.
Watered 2 gal each slowly till runout the bottom with full nutes 20cc/gal first time yesterday when bottom leaves started to wilt. Took along time to soak through without coming out the sides of the 10 gal potato fabric pots. I use gravity through 1/8" tubing. 1/4" was just too fast for the sides to leak.
Today all is good and girls are standing up strong.
IMG_20230421_105843264.jpg

Back
Top Bottom