New Grower Here - Northern Lights Auto by Royal Queen Seeds

aninooo

Hello everyone,

Another newbie here keeping a journal of their first grow.

Hope to get some feedback and advice on this.

I started 4 NL Autoflower seeds by RQS. I am on day 10 now and I'm posting the results so far. The first fan leaves are starting to grow I think.

I bought a used setup which is a Zazzy 4x2x5 tent with a Kingsled 2000watt Led. Have a 4" inline fan with a filter im going to be adding on later in the grow. I added a humidifier and a regualar 8" fan. I do not have temp or humidity controller for any of this so I am having to control humidity and temp manually. So far temp is around 72-78 degrees and humidity around 65%-80% depending on if the light is on or not. Light schedule is 18-6.

I'm afraid this tent is not going to hold 4 autoflower plants in full bloom. We shall see.

Using Coco Loco mix. I have only been watering so far with PH 6.5 well water and I'm waiting for the cotyledon leaves to start turning yellow before I start adding nutrients. Going to go with the Cultivation Nation Trio by FoxFarm and Bushdoctor CalMag by FoxFarm as well. Probably around the same time I transplant into 5 gallon fabric pots. And probably going to start with 1/3 of what's recommended.

I think i mentioned everything. I'm trying to keep everything as simple as possible basically and see how it goes for my first grow. Wish me luck!

And any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

20240117_115717~2.jpg

20240117_145444.jpg

20240117_150038.jpg

Hello everyone,

I started 4 NL Autoflower seeds by RQS. I am on day 10 now and I'm posting the results so far. The first fan leaves are starting to grow I think.

I bought a used setup which is a Zazzy 4x2x5 tent with a Kingsled 2000watt Led. Have a 4" inline fan with a filter im going to be adding on later in the grow. I added a humidifier and a regualar 8" fan. I do not have temp or humidity controller for any of this so I am having to control humidity and temp manually. So far temp is around 72-78 degrees and humidity around 65%-80% depending on if the light is on or not. Light schedule is 18-6.

I'm afraid this tent is not going to hold 4 autoflower plants in full bloom. We shall see.

Using Coco Loco mix. I have only been watering so far with PH 6.5 well water and I'm waiting for the cotyledon leaves to start turning yellow before I start adding nutrients. Going to go with the Cultivation Nation Trio by FoxFarm and Bushdoctor CalMag by FoxFarm as well. Probably around the same time I transplant into 5 gallon fabric pots. And probably going to start with 1/3 of what's recommended.

I think i mentioned everything. I'm trying to keep everything as simple as possible basically and see how it goes for my first grow. Wish me luck!

20240117_115717~2.jpg

20240117_145444.jpg

20240117_150038.jpg
They look great. :thumb:
Welcome to 420Magazine my friend :welcome:
Are you going to use calmag?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Sorry I added the question late. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Sorry I added the question late. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Yes the Bushdoctor CalMag. The recommend to start using right before bud development but I'm not sure if that's different for autoflower or what?

BD1.jpg

BD2.jpg

Yes the Bushdoctor CalMag. The recommend to start using right before bud development but I'm not sure if that's different for autoflower or what?

BD1.jpg

BD2.jpg
If you are in any sort of coco you should be using it already.
Put it in your plain water first, mix well then add nutrients according to the schedule.
Your in week One. :thumb:
Mild nutrients to start.
1/4 to half strength.
Build from there.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

And this is the nutrients I am planning on using. Probably 1/3 to start. Going to have to experiment I think and just be patient.

CN 3 Part.jpg

Hello everyone,

20240117_115717~2.jpg

20240117_145444.jpg

20240117_150038.jpg
Welcome to the 420 Magazine family, I also have a zazzy tent. CL🍀. :thumb: :welcome: :circle-of-love::theband::circle-of-love::party:

To make life easier I use a little table or platform and put the babies it a tray or something to hold them.
Just a thought, I have trouble bending over.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

If you are in any sort of coco you should be using it already.
Put it in your plain water first, mix well then add nutrients according to the schedule.
Your in week One. :thumb:
Mild nutrients to start.
1/4 to half strength.
Build from there.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Does this apply to Coco Loco as well? Since it already has amendments in it. It has aged forest products, perlite, earthwork castings, bat guano, Norwegian kelp meal, oyster shell and dolomite lime. A lot of the stuff I've been reading suggests waiting about 3 weeks before adding anything to it?

Does this apply to Coco Loco as well? Since it already has amendments in it. It has aged forest products, perlite, earthwork castings, bat guano, Norwegian kelp meal, oyster shell and dolomite lime. A lot of the stuff I've been reading suggests waiting about 3 weeks before adding anything to it?
If your coco is precharged with nutrients you can wait to feed, no problem.
But coco drains CM from your plants directly.
A byproduct of using coco is this issue.
To prevent this and to aid in the uptake of nutrients we add calmag to our plain water.
Weak at first but follow the instructions for weeks 2-3 on in your mixing of the CM with water ml/l.
Otherwise you will get a deficiency and see marks on the leaves. :Namaste:
I run straight coco and recommend it to everyone.
No guessing, just feed read and harvest.
Now you have to hope the nutrients work and judge when and what has run out.
Straight coco with nutrients gives me total control.
But this will work just fine.
I've watched many of them.
Do you have a handle on the ph for this medium?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

They went into 3 gallon pots yesterday (day 13) and I fed them their first nutrients. Did 1/2 dose of CalMag and 1/2 dose of Micro with water PHd at 6.3. So far I have not noticed any change in any of the 4 plants. Hoping they take it and run with it.

20240119_215042~2.jpg

20240120_173034.jpg

Screenshot_20240120_175713_Photos.jpg

They went into 3 gallon pots yesterday (day 13) and I fed them their first nutrients. Did 1/2 dose of CalMag and 1/2 dose of Micro with water PHd at 6.3. So far I have not noticed any change in any of the 4 plants. Hoping they take it and run with it.

20240119_215042~2.jpg

20240120_173034.jpg

Screenshot_20240120_175713_Photos.jpg
When ever you get a chance take a natural light pic.
Gives you a record at this age.
Blurple light is difficult to tell her looks :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Hello everyone,

20240117_115717~2.jpg

20240117_145444.jpg

20240117_150038.jpg
zazzy tents r awesome

Day 17 update. Plants seem to have just taken off in their new pots. So far so good.

20240123_123657.jpg

20240123_123726.jpg

20240123_123753.jpg

20240123_123822.jpg
The plant with the orange string was leaning. I tried fixing it with just straightening it out with dirt but it just kept going to a 30 degree lean. So i tied it the pot to straighten it. Does anyone know if this something i should be concerned with? It has been my fastest growing plant. First to germinate and first to pop out of the soil and first with 5 leaf fan leaves. If anyone knows why this is happening please let me know.

Thanks!

The plant with the orange string was leaning. I tried fixing it with just straightening it out with dirt but it just kept going to a 30 degree lean. So i tied it the pot to straighten it. Does anyone know if this something i should be concerned with? It has been my fastest growing plant. First to germinate and first to pop out of the soil and first with 5 leaf fan leaves. If anyone knows why this is happening please let me know.

Thanks!
No concern, I let them go naturally, but others like to train them. Could be leaning towards the light ...

Here's the day 19 update.
A couple of issues. One is that the 2nd plant now started to lean hard. about 45 degrees to one side. I had to tie it down because the leaves were touching the soil. I think I figured out the issue though and i think it was the light. I turned on the Veg and Bloom switch on the light now and lifted it higher. The ppfd is at around 700 on all plants. I hope this fixes that issue. I think Mr. Bill284 was correct about this. Now i just have to make sure theyre not getting too much light.

2nd issue is that I saw a couple of tiny flies flying around in the tent today. I did some research and it could be fungus gnats or white flies. Kind of nervous now so if anyone can recommend a remedy I would appreciate it. I'm not really sure if this is a big concern. I let the soil dry out completely this time around and watered the plants today. Included half a dose of CalMag and 1/3rd of a dose of macro and grow nutes.

Other than that they look great and are growing quite a but I would say. Thanks in advance for any advice.

20240125_182222~2.jpg

20240125_182315~2.jpg

20240125_182833.jpg

Fungas gnats can cause problems if left unchecked.
A decent fan blowing across the top of the pots helps.
But mosquito dunks are the main wat I keep them at bay.
A little in your nutrients and a couple pieces on the surface of the Coco Loco is all you need.
Girls look healthy still, keep it up.
Talk soon my friend.
Here’s a pic

0AB1B3B8-C1C5-4BC7-9ED1-CB7853F95BD0.png

Zon has them.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom