Onset of amber trichomes

Johnny5thesim

Hello:)

Can anyone give me an idea of a rough timeline of trichome progression? I currently have a high amount of milky trichomes, with a small percentage of clear. And no amber yet. I’m trying to time the start of my 7 day flush. But I am not sure how fast they convert to amber once they start.

In terms of size, density and appeal, they look amazing to me. But I want to chop at around 25% amber.

Thanks for any feedback!

It varies, but...

Clear trichomes are immature and the cannabinoids have not hit peak potency. Amber are past their peak, and the cannabinoids have already started to degrade (into CBN, IIRC). Cloudy, on the other hand, denotes both maturity and peak potency.

Harvest when what you're harvesting has the highest number/percentage of cloudy trichomes (on the buds, not the leaves), for best results. As they were not all created at the same time, when that point occurs, you'll have some amber and probably some that are still clear - but you can't really put a number on that beforehand (unless you value laziness over accuracy, IMHO). It's like if I handed you a cup with a few tiny holes in it and told you to hold it under the faucet until you filled it with water... and you asked me how much water should have leaked out by that time, lol; it's a bit irrelevant ;) .

I’ve found that when they start getting mostly milky, the progression to amber can come quickly.
I check throughly every day at that point. Amber can sneak up on you.

I’ve found that when they start getting mostly milky, the progression to amber can come quickly.
I check throughly every day at that point. Amber can sneak up on you.

Ok! I am watching daily. I am just not sure when to trigger a 7 day flush. Because I don’t know how the timing will line up. Does amber start appearing just days before harvest? Or does it take a week plus for it to slowly come on and overtake the cloudy ones?

This is the best I can do for a picture, using my phone. I have a loupe and microscope, but it’s very hard to take a pic!

Attachments

• 6402FEA0-C55D-417E-9C69-8EEC3F4F2E79.jpeg
    6402FEA0-C55D-417E-9C69-8EEC3F4F2E79.jpeg
    504.3 KB · Views: 166
  • 364EEAC6-E79A-42BE-9544-7920F31C9BA4.jpeg
    364EEAC6-E79A-42BE-9544-7920F31C9BA4.jpeg
    733.8 KB · Views: 161
They look great man.
You could start your flush anytime.
They seem close enough to discontinue nutes and only be needing water. IMHO that is..

Thanks! They look even better in person imo. The vibrant colours don’t seem to show up in photos. I’ve just given them what is likely their last feeding with some overdrive. I think next dry up I’ll start my flush. I’m using a flawless finish for flush.

Hello:)

Can anyone give me an idea of a rough timeline of trichome progression? I currently have a high amount of milky trichomes, with a small percentage of clear. And no amber yet. I’m trying to time the start of my 7 day flush. But I am not sure how fast they convert to amber once they start.

In terms of size, density and appeal, they look amazing to me. But I want to chop at around 25% amber.

Thanks for any feedback!
Flushing is a myth!!!! Watch the trichomes and enjoy your harvest flushing or not won't affect the smoke or ANYTHING for that matter

Back
Top Bottom