Cloudy to amber trichomes with flush cycle - Please help

2Crispy

Ok, so I am on my 3rd grow. The first 2 were cut short by spider mites but this one is going great. I already know about the trichomes turning amber is the signal when to harvest. Maybe 30% amber?

What I want to know is...About how fast do the trichomes turn to amber? days, weeks etc.. Say I am going to flush for 1 week and the tri's are cloudy, will 1 week be enough time for them to change?

On the other hand, If I wait until the amber is really noticeable will I have time to flush for a week with out them turning to fast?

Another way to ask this...When do I begin to flush based on the trichomes condition?

I prefer when trichomes are 80 percent milky and 20 percent amber or something like that. So if you flush now, you may get harvest in a week. Regards.

Hi, 2Crispy!

Sometimes amber trichomes take a long time -- some strains don't amber much at all.

Many people start the flush when they first see any amber trichomes. That gives them about 2 weeks before harvest. But if you're growing organic in soil without chemical nutes you may not need to flush at all.

What does the plant as a whole look like? Do you have any photos -- of the whole plant, of the colas? How long does the breeder say it should go for?

I like to use the concept of the whole plant being ripe before harvest, and the trichomes are just one of those signs of ripening. Others are the pistils darkening and shrivelling, the flowers may foxtail, the general colours of the leaves will turn yellow and more autumnal as the plants comes to the end of its life.

Let me see about getting some pictures. Today is day 62 into the flowering cycle. The plan was to change the the reservoir to flush water on day 64 and flush for 7 to 10 days. That being said it is hydro

The breeders suggest BC Kush 8-9 weeks....OG Grape 55-60 days Both plants have shown signs of the leaves turning.

One variable that I feel may have stunted development is a cold spell the grow room went through early in flower cycle. I ended up with some male flowers so a few buds did get pollinated. I know stress conditions can form hermies but the plants are strong with nice colas. I never thought about it, but if the feminized seeds used to start, went hermie and pollinated itself will I end up with feminized seeds?

Back
Top Bottom