Cloudy trichomes

Johnny5thesim

Hi all!

I’m at week 6 of a supposedly 10 week sativa strain(Cali og Kush/amnesia haze). I’m seeing around 50% cloudy. Does that make sense I would have so much cloudy trichomes so early? It feels like there should be more bud development!

I’m supposed to start my overdrive 3 weeks before harvest. And from what I understand, this particular strain is best to be harvested around 50% Amber, 50% cloudy

Attachments

• 1F034B8D-B451-48CB-961A-B937D3497EEF.jpeg
    1F034B8D-B451-48CB-961A-B937D3497EEF.jpeg
    624.3 KB · Views: 165
  • 15E9C7B4-33F0-4034-9120-AF8DC685936B.jpeg
    15E9C7B4-33F0-4034-9120-AF8DC685936B.jpeg
    480.7 KB · Views: 156
I have a 30-60x loupe. Which works well. Also have a small Carson microscope. The microscope is 60-120x. Very hard to get a good shot on it without sticking it in the bud.

I see no amber ones yet. It looks as if the very base of some are amber coloured. But it’s just 50% cloudy and 50% clear right now

Does anyone know once I reach this stage, does my bud size normally increase dramatically over the final few weeks. Or if they are smaller now, will they likely be smaller?

Ones like these!

Attachments

• 9844BEA0-FD5E-46A3-8774-065F55DC6A6D.jpeg
    9844BEA0-FD5E-46A3-8774-065F55DC6A6D.jpeg
    740.7 KB · Views: 114
To answer about the bud growth yes it will bulk up big time last two weeks. Now some more info. That is a hybrid and I know it says it is a sativa dominant but there is a strong amount of AK in it. So with it being a hybrid it can have the growing traits of the AK genetics which is indica. I have had many sativa dominant hybrids that have finished by 8-9 weeks. Only thing you can really do is watch the trichomes every few days. Plants can also stall in trichome coloring as well.
:passitleft:

To answer about the bud growth yes it will bulk up big time last two weeks. Now some more info. That is a hybrid and I know it says it is a sativa dominant but there is a strong amount of AK in it. So with it being a hybrid it can have the growing traits of the AK genetics which is indica. I have had many sativa dominant hybrids that have finished by 8-9 weeks. Only thing you can really do is watch the trichomes every few days. Plants can also stall in trichome coloring as well.

I’m supposed to start overdrive 3 weeks before harvest. So if you were to hazard a guess. Being where I’m at for cloudiness. Should I go ahead and start that? I was thinking I still had way more time!

And thanks for the direct answer regarding bud growth!

I would and then straight water last week being you have four weeks left.

I’m supposed to use overdrive for 2 weeks. And 3 weeks before harvest. For final week I have flawless finish. So if you figure 4 weeks. I would start overdrive next week?

Not sure where you're looking at trichomes but you should look at them right on the bud not out on the leaves. Looks like pretty much all white pistils standing straight up to me so you've got quite a while to go yet. The trichomes on the leaves mature and degrade faster it seems so if that's where you've been looking your actual bud trichomes are probably a good bit behind that. Buds do put on a lot of size in the last few weeks that's where the magic happens!

Not sure where you're looking at trichomes but you should look at them right on the bud not out on the leaves. Looks like pretty much all white pistils standing straight up to me so you've got quite a while to go yet. The trichomes on the leaves mature and degrade faster it seems so if that's where you've been looking your actual bud trichomes are probably a good bit behind that. Buds do put on a lot of size in the last few weeks that's where the magic happens!

I am looking at the prominent frosty leaf. Not at the bud:( I was avoiding that, as I’m so worried of damaging the little pistils! So at the base of the pistils, in the bulky bid material. That’s where I look? And not on any kind of leaf?

Attachments

• 0DF656AA-765B-402E-AFD0-7AD27E3056FA.jpeg
    0DF656AA-765B-402E-AFD0-7AD27E3056FA.jpeg
    853.1 KB · Views: 96
Hate to jump on your thread but since I see you were asking about trichomes I’d figure I’d see if I could get some feedback on mine.
39CDDF23-5A4B-4BAB-93C6-F7A482AD005B.jpeg
8E592301-0E06-41C0-AB32-26D52202D78C.jpeg
8D571DD7-8F3C-4409-8FE6-09A90058CB72.jpeg

I am looking at the prominent frosty leaf. Not at the bud:( I was avoiding that, as I’m so worried of damaging the little pistils! So at the base of the pistils, in the bulky bid material. That’s where I look? And not on any kind of leaf?
Exactly. I just use a tiny pair of clean scissors to snip off a calyx two so I can get a steady look. Don't worry it won't hurt them.

Hate to jump on your thread but since I see you were asking about trichomes I’d figure I’d see if I could get some feedback on mine.
39CDDF23-5A4B-4BAB-93C6-F7A482AD005B.jpeg
8E592301-0E06-41C0-AB32-26D52202D78C.jpeg
8D571DD7-8F3C-4409-8FE6-09A90058CB72.jpeg
These are looking more on the cloudy side, could be a little bit clear kinda hard to tell... I can't really see any amber at all.

These are looking more on the cloudy side, could be a little bit clear kinda hard to tell... I can't really see any amber at all.

Appreciate the feedback I was trying to get a good pic with my phone. I have a magnifying glass and I’m thinking they are getting cloudy but it doesn’t hurt to get some feedback here. Gonna give it a few more days hopefully she’ll be ready by the weekend...
5E9CB059-89DE-4849-A1AE-4F2C7D07862D.jpeg

Exactly. I just use a tiny pair of clean scissors to snip off a calyx two so I can get a steady look. Don't worry it won't hurt them.

Ahh! I think I don’t have any discernible calyx. Just a mess of pistils. So definitely a ways off for me yet. Thanks for the idea. Under my microscope I can easily tell.

Back
Top Bottom