Opinons and help here please!

inutero11

ok,so i was gonna grow out in the open in my room,but the entire lighting thing would be a problem since it wont get all the darkness it would need being out in the open. so im thinknig about building a box. now im not looking to get lbs here,i just want like 2 or 3 plants(yes first time growing) so obviously im not gonna need a giant set up. what would be the best size box to build for 2-3 plants(im gonna start with some seeds from local bags,and if i do good buy some blueberry or something along those lines)....what im trying to do here is not build a giant box,basically im looking for the smallest size box to build in order to grow 2 or 3 plants(even if i only yeild a ounce per plant i dont mind)....ive read about the ventilaition and lighting and all,but if you would like to give your suggestion on which lighting and evrything else to go with the size box,that would be greatly appreciated aswell. thanks

Re: opions and help here please!

Need a bit more info. What kind of lights do you have now? If none, what can you afford. Fluorecents only? HPS? HPS and MH? Is getting rid of odor going to be an issue/problem. or temp control? If you used fluoros, and did LST, you could probably get away w/a box about 2x3x5

i just want decent setup,so whichever wi do the job the best,ofcourse cost effecient aswell but if the more expesnive is going to drastically improve my efforts,than thats fine. assuming im not going to need a bunch of lights or wood or that much stuff,im thinking everything should be in the $300 price range? i dont know,i dont have any supplies yet

Well, that's a decent budget to work with. Of course lights are going to be your biggest expence. I would get everything else you need first(wood for box, paint, fans and ducting, timer). Then take what you have left, and buy the best light you can. Get something w/a remote balast, and even a vented hood if you can. 250 watts should cover 2 plants ok. Let us know what you come up with.

haha thanks guys. ill prob start peicing it all together,when its all ready to go ill get some pics. first 2 or 3 plants im gonna have to pray for females,if i get them and i do a good grow with them,ill just order some feminized seeds. thanks alot for all the extra info,and any more would be appreciated aswell

oh yeh,now if im building a box,am i going to need it tall to have the light be able to get adjusted in heighth or jsut leave it mounted at hte top of the box all the time?

^^^Great advice andrew. If you build a box using Andrews suggestions, you could find the studs in your ceiling and screw a couple of heavy duty hooks into them for your lights. It's best to make your lights as easily adjustable as possible. no matter what kind of lights you have. Follow andrews advice and germinate twice as many seeds as you can flower females in your space.

Back
Top Bottom