Opioid Tapering With Cannabis: A Regimen

It will be great, even more excited about the edibles that are to come. It sure ain’t cheap let me tell you. I understand they have more expenses then the average dude with it being inspected and what not but golly average $10 to $15 g with most huvering between $12.50 to $15. That’s a hard pill to swallow(lol see what I did there).

God, that's nuts, especially considering that a so many of the people who need this the most are poor and on limited incomes.

God, that's nuts, especially considering that a so many of the people who need this the most are poor and on limited incomes.

The reality hasn’t hit the public yet that all this tax revenue simply prices cannabis out of the reach of most of our population.

What this actually means is we’ve allowed our governments to profit on the suffering of our citizenry.

Until we, the people, make our voices heard this won’t stop. But I know in my heart that the more people we expose to the healing power of cannabis the louder that protest against this injustice will grow.

Eventually this abomination will stop and we’ll look back on these decades in the same way we view the Dark Ages.

It’ll happen. I can’t say when, but the lies have been exposed and justice will prevail.

Give away as much pain cream and bottles of healing oils as you can. This is a numbers game, pure and simple. The tide will turn and we’re part of the momentum for change.

Kinda makes you proud, don’t it?

How you doin’ today Lady Ashwynn? :hug:

THURSDAY 7/25
- Following instructions: 3:00 PM I took .5 mL of 24:1 tincture, sublingually along with my normal dose of Norco 5-325 + Tramadol ER. After around 45 minutes I felt absolutely nothing.
- 3:50-ish, NOT according to instructions, I took a Wally Drop 50MG 100% THC lozenge.
I knew I was going to be a bit of a lightweight due to not smoking regularly since my son was born, but this hit me like Thomas the Magic Tank Engine and stayed with me for hours. It also completely killed my pain for a while and I was able to sit comfortably for a bit. But yeah wow, I was spaced for a bit, and then as I was coming out of it I got very sleepy. It was all very pleasant as my demanding elderly parents, who we live with, are not around this week, and I only had a few chores to take care of.
- Going back to the prescribed regimen, 7:00 PM I took one dropper of 24:1 tincture and tried to stay awake, but by 8:00 I was falling asleep over my iPad so I gave in. I did not take the Klonopin I've been tapering off for the last week (and having a very bad time sleeping as a result). Slept VERY well and I feel rested when I woke.

FRIDAY 7/26
- 7:00 AM, 2 drop of 24:1 tinct + 1/2 Norco
Felt great at first, knocked out the morning pain, but as of right now (about 8:45), I am really feeling it in my seat and lower back. Took the diclofenac 75MG that I forgot to take with my Norco and decided that it was too early to cut back on the Norco. I did it on the direction of my pain management doctor, but he has no experience with tapering off opiates and onto cannabis oil so I think his directions need to be discarded from here on out.

THURSDAY 7/25
- Following instructions: 3:00 PM I took .5 mL of 24:1 tincture, sublingually along with my normal dose of Norco 5-325 + Tramadol ER. After around 45 minutes I felt absolutely nothing.
- 3:50-ish, NOT according to instructions, I took a Wally Drop 50MG 100% THC lozenge.
I knew I was going to be a bit of a lightweight due to not smoking regularly since my son was born, but this hit me like Thomas the Magic Tank Engine and stayed with me for hours. It also completely killed my pain for a while and I was able to sit comfortably for a bit. But yeah wow, I was spaced for a bit, and then as I was coming out of it I got very sleepy. It was all very pleasant as my demanding elderly parents, who we live with, are not around this week, and I only had a few chores to take care of.
- Going back to the prescribed regimen, 7:00 PM I took one dropper of 24:1 tincture and tried to stay awake, but by 8:00 I was falling asleep over my iPad so I gave in. I did not take the Klonopin I've been tapering off for the last week (and having a very bad time sleeping as a result). Slept VERY well and I feel rested when I woke.

FRIDAY 7/26
- 7:00 AM, 2 drop of 24:1 tinct + 1/2 Norco
Felt great at first, knocked out the morning pain, but as of right now (about 8:45), I am really feeling it in my seat and lower back. Took the diclofenac 75MG that I forgot to take with my Norco and decided that it was too early to cut back on the Norco. I did it on the direction of my pain management doctor, but he has no experience with tapering off opiates and onto cannabis oil so I think his directions need to be discarded from here on out.

Do your best to not be frightened by the fact that the doctors advising us don’t know what they’re doing. Lol! Thank goodness we experiment, and what we’ve begun to learn is it’s that CBD content that’s gonna make the difference.

You might want to micro dose the THC in at 1 mg increments, if you can figure out how to with the meds you have on hand.

Do you have access to a topical?

Do your best to not be frightened by the fact that the doctors advising us don’t know what they’re doing. Lol! Thank goodness we experiment, and what we’ve begun to learn is it’s that CBD content that’s gonna make the difference.

LOL, so true. I've read through most of your medical threads and it's all fascinating. I wish that these threads could be brought to the attention of researchers who can see what's going on-- or, actually, I wish that we can get a non-corrupt AG who will stop blocking legit research into MMJ. I'll stop there!

Anyway though, I can't blame my PM doctor. The PM doctor is completely on board with prescribing cannabis oil; it's just a new area for him. The oil was just approved for treatment of pain in my state at the beginning of July, and he didn't prescribe the oil to me-- my MS center did. And they've got a huge program up and running that's apparently been going ever since the oil was made legal, which was 3 years ago here. I put the PM doctor in touch with the head of the MS center so he could find out more about it.

You might want to micro dose the THC in at 1 mg increments, if you can figure out how to with the meds you have on hand.

As for the Wally Drops, I think you're right. I should probably microdose those by sucking on half or less of one, although that'd be a more than 1MG. But only if I need it. I know what a full dose now. :yummy:

What I'm supposed to with the tinctures is, start with the 24:1 and take it for 2 days at a low dose, which I'm doing, and observe the effects. Then, switch to the 1:1 tincture and take it for two days at the exact same low dose, observe the effects. Then switch back to the 24:1 for two days and increase the dose a little, then back to the 1:1, etc. He says that in this way we should be able to get a handle on what is my sweet spot.

Do you have access to a topical?

The supplier has high-CBD topicals that are very pricey. I was intending to try one at some point though. My 81-year-old mother was probably going to be interested in those even more than me.

Do you have any access to cannabis at all? A potent topical is a breeze to make and anything with reasonably high THC will do the trick. A batch made with 8 grams of buds and a cup of grape seed with 100 grams of soy wax and about 20 drops of essential oil to cover smell and add to the medicinal value is enough to make a supply that’d serve both you and your grandma for a couple months of continuous use.

If you don’t I can help you out with that in a pinch. :battingeyelashes:

Do you have any access to cannabis at all? A potent topical is a breeze to make and anything with reasonably high THC will do the trick. A batch made with 8 grams of buds and a cup of grape seed with 100 grams of soy wax and about 20 drops of essential oil to cover smell and add to the medicinal value is enough to make a supply that’d serve both you and your grandma for a couple months of continuous use.

My husband plays music with a guy who smokes; I'll ask if we can get some.

If you don’t I can help you out with that in a pinch. :battingeyelashes:

OMG, lol, that's an unbelievably generous offer. I hope my husband's bandmate can hook me up especially since it's just a small amount. You're the bee's knees!

Good morning y’all, I started a new gym today. I was there for a good couple hours I think. Feeling good today thank the good lord above. I must say that was a very hard couple days. I never expected such a change in my mental state from day to day. But it does pass. I hope y’all are having a great day

Keep up the good work LadyA, you got this and we are here for you!

Thank you sir and you too. Those deep dark tunnels of depression/anxiety totally suck. I'm glad to see you bouncing back and starting a new gym.

Hey guys, so here’s what I did. I ate a dozen of my gummies and 2 cookies. Washed them down with a 5 hour energy. Then I smoked some roaches I had from pink lady. That strain always brightened me up. Then I watched Kevin Hart’s what now. :rofl: Then Joan rivers :rofl::rofl:
Anyone that can stay depressed after that must be dead. I hope I stay feeling good for the rest of the night.

Preston's right, that put a smile on my face too.
Hell ya!

The mantra, one of the greatest truths in the cosmos, is

Things always work out for me

I like to play with it - big surprise eh? :battingeyelashes: - and come up with variations on the theme, so it goes something like this:

"Things always work out for me. That's right, lol! they do :rofl: Things always work out for me. Not just sometimes, not even most of the time. Things always work out for me. In fact, I can't think of a single moment in my life where what happened didn't ultimately work out for my benefit, and I see no reason to start doubting that this wouldn't continue to be true.

Things always work out for me. Always. As in every single time. It's good to be me, because the answers always come when I need them and things always work out for me."

About that time I'm giggling uncontrollably and I'm confident again that whatever "this situation" is,

I got this. :blunt:

Worth remembering when one of those tunnels tries to open up in front of you. :hug:

Hey Dirtdemon....way to take your body back. :high-five:

The mantra, one of the greatest truths in the cosmos, is

Things always work out for me

I like to play with it - big surprise eh? :battingeyelashes: - and come up with variations on the theme, so it goes something like this:

"Things always work out for me. That's right, lol! they do :rofl: Things always work out for me. Not just sometimes, not even most of the time. Things always work out for me. In fact, I can't think of a single moment in my life where what happened didn't ultimately work out for my benefit, and I see no reason to start doubting that this wouldn't continue to be true.

Things always work out for me. Always. As in every single time. It's good to be me, because the answers always come when I need them and things always work out for me."

About that time I'm giggling uncontrollably and I'm confident again that whatever "this situation" is,

I got this. :blunt:

Worth remembering when one of those tunnels tries to open up in front of you. :hug:

Hey Dirtdemon....way to take your body back. :high-five:
:hug::high-five::hug: Good morning, this is solid advice. I use to be a very confident person and I had a little speech I would tell myself. Now it’s not as elegant as yours Sue. My handle is Hammer, and it went something like this.
You got this, your Hammer. All the men want to be you, and all the women want to be with you. Life is great when your Hammer.
:rofl: I wasn’t conceded at all. I think back to those days and smile. I wasn’t afraid to try anything back then. At this point in my life I think it would be best to come up with something new pretty sure the beautiful Mandi wouldn’t appreciate hearing me say that. It Brought a smile to my face thinking about those days thanks SS

THURSDAY 7/26 (I screwed up the dates yesterday)
- I took 2.5 droppers full of the 24:1 at 11 AM according to what it said in the instructions. It seemed like a lot to me considering that on the phone the guy told me that I was to very slowly increase my dosage, but you know whatever, I just did it. The effects came on strong within the hour. Whereas the small dose earlier in the morning was smooth pleasant, this was almost speedy and kind of not really in a good way. I did go get more housework done than usual but I was feeling it more than usual, too after it started to wear off. And it didn't even make all that much difference in my pain. I decided to call the supplier to find out what's up, and we discovered that they've transposed a decimal. It was supposed to say .25 :rofl: All I did was waste a couple of days' expensive tincture, that's all.

FRIDAY 7/27
- 7:30 AM: .5 or slightly less of 1:1 + Norco 5-325 + diclofenac 75MG
Slept well, pain was not quite as intense as it often is upon waking.
- 11:30 AM .25 1:1 + Norco 5-325 + diclofenac 75MG. But not! before accidentally putting .25 of the 24:1 tinct in my mouth first and not figuring out what I'd done until after about a minute. I spit it. I've been the biggest stumblebum in the first couple of days of this new treatment.

Hey y’all, I had a good morning. I did 10 miles on the treadmill jogging for 1/10 of every mile. Then I did 10 miles on a bike. I felt pretty good up until a little while ago I started feeling shitty again. I am thinking I should get some kind of job at least part time. I think that is going to be the only way I can fight the feelings of inadequacy. Idk need to do something that’s all I know.
Hope y’all are having a great day.

Hey y’all, I had a good morning. I did 10 miles on the treadmill jogging for 1/10 of every mile. Then I did 10 miles on a bike. I felt pretty good up until a little while ago I started feeling shitty again. I am thinking I should get some kind of job at least part time. I think that is going to be the only way I can fight the feelings of inadequacy. Idk need to do something that’s all I know.
Hope y’all are having a great day.

I, for one, look forward to hearing what employment possibilities were lucky enough to be available when you were. :battingeyelashes:

Whatever it takes to keep you feeling strong about who you are and the path you're on. Follow your instincts and watch what the universe leads you to. :hug:

THURSDAY 7/26 (I screwed up the dates yesterday)
- I took 2.5 droppers full of the 24:1 at 11 AM according to what it said in the instructions. It seemed like a lot to me considering that on the phone the guy told me that I was to very slowly increase my dosage, but you know whatever, I just did it. The effects came on strong within the hour. Whereas the small dose earlier in the morning was smooth pleasant, this was almost speedy and kind of not really in a good way. I did go get more housework done than usual but I was feeling it more than usual, too after it started to wear off. And it didn't even make all that much difference in my pain. I decided to call the supplier to find out what's up, and we discovered that they've transposed a decimal. It was supposed to say .25 :rofl: All I did was waste a couple of days' expensive tincture, that's all.

FRIDAY 7/27
- 7:30 AM: .5 or slightly less of 1:1 + Norco 5-325 + diclofenac 75MG
Slept well, pain was not quite as intense as it often is upon waking.
- 11:30 AM .25 1:1 + Norco 5-325 + diclofenac 75MG. But not! before accidentally putting .25 of the 24:1 tinct in my mouth first and not figuring out what I'd done until after about a minute. I spit it. I've been the biggest stumblebum in the first couple of days of this new treatment.

Hey..... :hug: Let that be the last time you waste words on self-recrimination. :hug:

You're experimenting with a modality lost to generations. We're cutting edge, and you're one of millions of citizen lab rats, willing to jump in and give it a try, keeping good records so those who come behind us don't have to try so hard to find what we learn.

I don't think there's a safer drug than cannabis to experiment with. Hasn't killed anyone yet, in all of recorded history. :battingeyelashes:

That first dose mistake wasn't yours to claim. The second misstep was an easy miss. Have you made yourself a chart and considered color-coding the bottles to the chart? I find visuals with color-coding to be both beautiful and functional. The brain picks up the color faster than the words.

Be gentle with yourself. You're in unchartered territory. We all are, and we're gonna get through this hanging onto each other and laughing at every opportunity.

You'll be fine. I know this in the core of me. You're doing well. :hug::hug::hug: That .5 of the 1:1.... it's working for you for restful sleep?

Back
Top Bottom