Oregon Dispensaries? inititive 28 info

Has anyone seen recent polling?

Having read this back to front, this seems like such a solid bill. I have yet to hear a compelling argument against this measure. In the spirit of healthy debate, I sincerely would like to here an opinion contrary to mine.

Any takers?

A poll conducted August 18-21, 2010 by Grove Insight revealed that 41% of polled voters favored the proposed measure, while 46% were opposed and 12% were undecided. The poll's margin of error was plus or minus 4.0 percentage points. A total of 600 registered Oregon voters were polled.

hmm, I have not been approached nor asked to sign this bill! I haven't even seen anyone on the streets of Cave Junction w/petitions to sign. I do know where the NORML HQ is, it's right next to the Federal building in Medford Oregon... no shit... right next door to the feddies... LMFAO
I don't care to argue this bill, I will however, bless you all w/my opinion... LOL
I for one see both sides of this proposal... on one hand, I don't want to make it easier for naldos to screw it up for the rest of the MMJ community at large, don't tell me they won't, many already do, a whole lot of people do :lot-o-toke: it fucks it up for the rest of us... this has been truth since the beginning of law abiding civilizations.
I don't want a law like this to further exacerbate the ugly stigma that goes w/being a grower/provider.
The thing that bothers me the worst, is the possibility of heavier Gov control over "MY MEDS".
I didn't just move to Oregon, nor did I just start smokin the Ganj... I am a 33 year Oregon citizen and a life long Marijuana smoker/grower. My reason for mentioning that is, I have watched from the sidelines of Oregon for many years while the Gov. has quietly designed a way to tax MMJ.
They did it w/liqueur (all hard liqueur sold in Oregon is state owned and operated!)
I don't think that this is a good idea for the MMJ user... it isn't a case of casual use (like alcohol) this is my medicine!
My point is, I see this as a possible step in the right direction; but I absolutely think that this is just another step in the Govs plan (give us the rope to hang ourselves and most will. Self destruction is in our nature)to show the Gen Pop of Oregon that the Gov needs to run the show. Has it ever been any different where the Gov is concerned?
Historically speaking, the Govs position is that its people are too stupid for their own good and that Big Brother will need to save us from ourselves.
I really hope I am wrong, but history will repeat itself... if we "The People" give too much leeway to the Gov on the MMJ issue, we will all loose in the long run.
All in all, this bill could be a gold mine for me if I chose it to be so :thumb:
I not only have prime grow real estate; I also have the financial backing to obtain licenses and fund a dispensery! Even though it's possible that I would do very well w/this new law being passed, I have a bad feeling in my gut about what could go wrong and the dire straights that the MMJ community could be in if I am correct about the Govs long term plan to corner the market on MMJ sales! :goodluck: to us all!
If indeed I am able to get a dispensary, I will give big discounts to members of the 420 Magazine Community! :blunt:

Yes brother, I do not like the state owned Liquor monopoly in Oregon (and Washington). You probably know you can cross into Cali and buy your bottle of Jose for only $12 at just about Any store, and that same booze cost $25 in Oregon. And that is when the stores are open. I do think the only way to get weed completely legal is to pay off the government though. That is the way all things are traditionally done.

All good opinions. Californians use the caveat "closed-loop collective" in all their dispensary websites. Does anyone know what this means? It seems to apply to their private non-profit mutual benefit status.

The path to legalization is on the back of a rickety wagon to be sure. I don't want to fall off. Oregonians are going to be reasonably restricted by medical statues while simultaneously (I bet) paying a sin tax for medical therapy. The absurdity is palpable, but if there isn't a solid revenue stream flooding back into Salem, this social experiment will all be a fond memory.

In the words of Huey Pierce Long, "I used to get things done by saying please". Now it's time to contribute to the political process by wrapping our minds around what medical marijuana has to offer all Oregonians including those with no medical need for it.

Back
Top Bottom