Organic hydroponics

Spliff Twister

I picked up this book at the medical marijuana expo this weekend and it talked about organic hydroponics. I was really liking this because I could do constant grow and not have to worry about feeding for different stages of flowering. Just wondering if anyone has info on this tech and if so what products do they recommend using?

Organic hydro is hard to accomplish due to the lack of 100% organic nutrients that can be used. Earth Juice is one but it requires more than just dumping the nutrient into the resevoir. LOriginal Pure Blend is another organic nutrient. It was once thought that that Pure Blend Pro was 100% organic but one read of the contents proves that one wrong. It is "mostly organic" though. The new way to describe PureBlendPro and these other mostly organic nutrients is "hydro organic". Dr. Tule (the maker of PBP) describes PBP "as organic as a one part can get to still be effective."

I'm not up on 100% organic growing at all anymore myself. I run PBP due to it's simplicity of use and the results I get. I used to run Gen Hydro's 3 part flora series but got tired of mixing 3 different bottles. I've used Earth Juice (nasty smelling stuff lol) and tried other 100% organic nutes before but when one really thinks about it....nitrogen is nitrogen, Phosphorus is phosphorus and does it really matter if it comes from a bats ass or out of a rock? As long as the plants are happy and healthy is what matters to me. Some say organics taste better...well that's what flushing is for IMO. A good flush leaves a good taste.
I have grown using just about every method as well. I've done ebb and flo, drip, nft (I used turbo tank nutes with my wide gully turbo tank) , DWC and coco and soil. I always end up back in soil due to the ease of use. Coco wasn't hard either except i got tired of having to break the bricks down and having to flush it before I could use it. A good bag of flower power and maybe some extra perlite if needed and away i go.

I'll go look at my old database and see what I can dig up on organic growing for you. There wasn't a lot about it as we weren't that big of a site but one never knows until they look huh? lol

Well heck! There was less than a full page on organic hydro. Most of it questions. One hydro grow journal, one organic soil mix recipe and a post by me on how PBP wasn't 100% organic.
Don't misunderstand me about organics versus chem nutes. Nothing wrong with organics and I've seen some nice harvests by 100% organic growers. I actually admire organic growers for what they do. It's harder to grow 100% organic in my opinion. I used organics myself, especially in my early days of outdoor growing. I just get a better yield by using both. The NPK in salt nutes is more readily available, the nutes in organics need to be chealeted, or broken down. The advantage of PBP or the likes is the instant gratification of the salts, as well as the flavor and aromas of the organics.
Give me some PBP, some b-1 and a PK-TOP up and I'm fine. I used to use budlink silicon but stopped when I read the back of the PBP bottle. it's already in it! I grow maybe 3 or 4 plants outdoors in the summer but mostly stay indoors with a perpetual 6 plant grow. I wish I knew more about pure organics. I burned my share of plants with high nitrogen fish emulsions in the early days.

I dont know I aksed the hydro shop they didn't know much on it whatever I look into it later thanks racerfan for all your help. Hey racerfan are you a patient? Thats Shasta county in california right?

yes I'm a med patient. been one for about 8 years now. Yes it's shasta county california. Right next to trinity and humboldt county. Lots of great bud in the area but only by black market. the one club that was in the area that I knew about was in Redding and the local cops calld in the feds to bust it. I guess they used Dr. Denny to gain access to the club even. The cops and judges here don't exactly follow the prop.215 rules right. I have a recommendation but refuse to get the state ID card because I don't want to tell the police where there is a state legal grow that they can hassle. I do follow the county rules though. 6 mature plants max and 6 inmature max just incase they ever show up. Should never happen as I refuse to ever sell anything. I grow for me only.

I did some looking at a catalogue for you on organic nutrients and there are a few listed...

Earth Juice grow, bloom, catalyst, and microblast are 100% organic. Fox farm grow big,Big bloom and tiger bloom are organic as well. The earth juice grow and bloom needs to be "bubbled" for 24 hours before you use it in the resevoir to stabalize the PH. Otherwise it reads like 4.5 or something real low like that. I used it in soil and coco which allows one to just mix with water and pour it in.
I never used the fox farm.
There are other organic nutrients but I don't know about their use in a hydro set-up. General hydroponics makes some. Bio-grow, bio-bloom, fish mix, alg-A-mix, root juice and top max are all listed as organic.
There are all the guanos to consider. You could always make teas and foliar feed plus there is age old organics. This catalogue lists a new product called worm earth infusion as a new nutrient that is 100% organic. Plus there is a organic hydroponic solution called Super bat made by Simeon. They also make several other 100% organic solutions. I'm not sure of their hydroponic abilities.
Have you ever heard of a company called www.ecogrow.com ? Order one of their catalogues. It's full of information and products. They even tell you how to mix your own chemical nutrients and even give you a simple bloom recipe.

You could always try the Advance Nutrients. I heard they make a very good organic fert. I am gonna stick it out with the GH tri-pack. I know it well and have had great results, plus I do use organic boosters. Water changes are a pain but lugging pounds of dirt is even more of a pain I think.

You know what I was broke I could aford any thing other then the GH KoolBloom so at least thats a extra 0-10-10 to my normal tripack. Hopefully results will be better then last harvest.

Yea thats what I'm using. Urdedpal how is you're avergae harvest. I know each strain is diffrent but on average what are you yeilding using GH tri pack and KoolBloom?

Bout how many plants and what watt of light are you using. The results I had last time where so sad averaging a half oz per plant. My outdoor plant which was only 1 1/2 and was kush yielded more then my 4 ft plants

Wether I grow 6, 8 or 12 plants its about the same depending on how much grow space I use and which light I use. I never count the tiny buds cause those goes towards cooking or hash production.

Organics....Yes all I do....go to Advanced Nutrients....online ...join the inner circle grow program ...check out the organic nutrient program with the online nutrient calculator...tooooo coooooooooool. Unbelievable results pure organics is the light brother...LOL LYNDOG
P.S. You must form a army of bud builders, a war of growth between ..fugi,bacteria,seaweeds,vitamins,enzymes, and others in your resivoir...you must constantly feed the active wild things to form the kind..oh yea don't forget the carbo load for sugars.....

FORMULA FOR MY FIRST WEEK OF FLOWERING FOR YOUR EXAMPLE;
**** PRODUCTS ADVANCED NUTRIENTS ****
Iguana Juice Bloom...........238.56 ml
Humic Acid ...........147.68 ml
Fulvic Acid ...........147.68 ml
Carboload .............75.00 ml
Sensizym ...........386.24 ml
Piranha ............22.72 g
Tarantula ............22.72 g
Voodoo Juice ...........454.40 ml
G.E. Seweed Extract ........386.24 ml
Organic B ...........386.24 ml

So you want to be a scientist Huh!!!!!!!! This is my first week formula in my 7 week program....Lyndog "LOTS OF BUD LUCK"

Man - if you are trying organic hydro make sure your res stays below 68 degrees, put LOTS of airstones in there, and make sure *all* the light getting to the res is blocked. or else.....

Peeeeeeee-- yeeeeew.... stinky!

I tried it once... that lasted about 2 days until the entire room started to reek like old nasty compost-tea..

Peace
MC

Back
Top Bottom