Our Ongoing Grows

Thanks ya'all.

FYI, autoflowers are bred with a varient of cannabis called Ruderalis that's from the far north where it's months of darkness then months of light. Some growers like the simplicity of autos, but I'm a control freak and in my 6 years, I've never grown one, lol.

Autos are easy. Great for newbies like me.
Maybe it's time to let go. lol
I really don't see how Autos are easier. There is absolutely no forgiveness on mistakes. For someone new....this could be a disaster. With photoperiod plants you can deal with issues that arise and "flip" at your convenience. The only thing needed is a timer and an understanding of the light cycle which of anything is probably the easiest aspect to understand.

The one benefit I could see with autos is that you can start and finish plants in one space without worry about the light cycle. An easier perpetual situation.

Where ya been @lazyfish I've tried to call acouple times to see what's up.

Autos. Now auto are the easiest plants to grow period. In my opinion, @seedlingmtl You can just leave them in the veg tent to flower. I have the light on 24/7 in veg with an open door. No worries..

Outdoors you can get a nice early harvest to hold ya over for your crop of photos. I prefer photos of course for my main crop.

My main problem with autoflowering plants is half the time you don't know what your going to get... 1/4oz up to 5-6oz. Up to two pounds with the super autos. Another thing I don't like is the potency, auto flowers started out with nill THC values. Sure over the years of crossing and breeding they'd done alot with it. But to me, I have seen the auto flower as the same as hemp. And even with the leaps and bounds made by breeders it still has the percentage of hemp like genes in its pool.

In my opinion, @seedlingmtl You can just leave them in the veg tent to flower. I have the light on 24/7 in veg with an open door. No worries..

I have zero experience using them.... for someone learning how to grow a plant it seems like learning how to drive a car with no brakes! I am a noob and have only popped fems...I am moving into regulars, so I am going backwards with the technology it seems :rofl:

I really don't see how Autos are easier. There is absolutely no forgiveness on mistakes. For someone new....this could be a disaster. With photoperiod plants you can deal with issues that arise and "flip" at your convenience. The only thing needed is a timer and an understanding of the light cycle which of anything is probably the easiest aspect to understand.

The one benefit I could see with autos is that you can start and finish plants in one space without worry about the light cycle. An easier perpetual situation.
There was no time for mistakes on the Autos I was given. They were 8-10 inches high when I about them home. I transplanted them into new dirt in larger pots, no nutrients and within a week they started to flower. The one downside the plants don't get very big and yield 2-3 ounces.

Plant your auto seeds directly into their final pot, no transplanting. All I do is top/fim and pull the colas away from each other. I rarely "train" autos with lst. Let them do what they're going to do without a lot of interference.

Back
Top Bottom