Fallen Cannabis Warrior - William Curley Snyder aka NorCaliwood

May he rest in peace.
Those look like photos of bliss, he clearly loved life- and was loved by those around him.

His passing results in the loss of a great person, my sincerest condolences to his family and friends :love:

Peace and Love to the family...

The pool looked like a great place to be Curly!
May you rest in the ultimate peace Gro cha cho!

:volcano-smiley:

RIP my friend, always willing to offer assistance and a truly nice man!

It is with a heavy heart that we share the sad news of the death of Cannabis Warrior and long-term 420 Magazine member, William Curley Snyder. Our long time friend and senior site member died late last week, from cancer, at the all too young age of 61.

Known here by his username, NorCaliwood, and by his nicknames Woody and Curly, Woody was a true southern gentleman. Woody worked as a painter, a decorator and a bathtub restorer while still finding time to enjoy his hobbies of fishing, hunting, and gold-mining. His selfless nature was always exemplified by his never ending generosity to his friends, family, and fellow members, as has been supremely evident through his detailed and well documented grow journals here on 420 Magazine.

Woody began growing Cannabis in Indiana when has was 18. Throughout his life he amassed a tremendous amount of experience and knowledge, yet possessed the humble spirit needed to remain open minded to advancements in technique and technology. Woody earned the respect of our site’s top growers and staff. He was also amongst the first people to obtain an MJ card when it became legal in his State.

Woody found the multitude of tips, tricks and techniques offered by fellow members and Sponsors at 420 Magazine to be a continual source of inspiration, and he recently moved to fully organic nutrients as a result of the conversations and recommendations from his peers. It was not unusual to hear him singing Lynyrd Skynyrd & David Allan Coe to his plants as he tended to their needs. As a frequent winner of our 420 Magazine contests, Woody amassed many prizes over the years which he would masterfully utilize to cultivate the finest examples of our favorite flower.

Woody loved our community, and our community loved him. He’d happily post day and night, exchanging information, learning, and supporting his fellow members. His "drive by" comments appeared in more journals than one could count. He had tremendous respect for his fellow growers and for 420 Magazine. When uploading his photos he would frequently say, "Its gotta have some weed in it to make it on topic”.

Woody passed away in the comfort of his own home, in the company of his life partner Janet Shore, and leaves behind his two sons William W Snyder 3rd aka @Billdeskjet & William Christopher Snyder along with his grandson Joshua Jay Snyder, former wife Susan Forrest, and his life long friend Kris Frost.

If you have a memory, a story or simply condolences to share, please feel free to post it in this memorial thread for all to see and remember our friend, William (Woody) Curley Snyder, October 30th 1960 to January 24th 2022.

Woody's First Post Helping Others 2008: My First Grow In My Closet: Poor Man's Grow

Woody's 1st Grow Journal: Guess It's Time for Wood to Post One

Woody's Second Grow Journal: Wood's Garden #2

Woody's Third Grow Journal: Wood's Doghouse #1

Woody's 4th Grow Journal: This is B&J's Place - Bill & Janet's Place - Again

Woody's 5th & Last Grow Journal: Our Ongoing Grows

Woody's Favorite Music Thread: Fish Cake's Tunes & Yours Too, If You Want To Join In

Woody's Photo Gallery

Woody's Contest Victories:
Plant of the Month: Nov 2009
Grow Journal of the Month: Feb 2017
Crème de la Crème Photos: Feb 2017
Plant of the Month: April 2017
Nug of the Month: April 2017
Plant of the Year: 2017
Photo of the Month: Jan 2018

William Curly Snyder aka @NorCaliwood & William W Snyder 3rd aka @Billdeskjet

William C Snyder & Wife, Joshua Jay Snyder, Ms Janet Shore & William Curley Snyder aka @NorCaliwood

William W Snyder 3rd aka @Billdeskjet & William Curly Snyder aka @NorCaliwood

Sending you all our love and positive energy through the universe Brother Woody, wherever you are :love::Namaste:

Rob Griffin
CEO/Founder
420 Magazine
was *always* kind and encouraging in his posts. Am saddened by the loss and my heart goes put to all affected in his family and circle of friends.

NorCaliwood Welcomes 420 Magazine members into his green cannabis garden displaying his superior consistency with grown full height cannabis plants. Consistently displaying experienced success, always sharing his knowledge and vigorous passion. NorCaliwood greatest quality is how he inspires, relays and teaches the techniques he uses which have taught us how to enjoy the same success. I encourage everyone to again revisit his grow journals in which he shares how he is able to harvest grand scale results.

Thank you for the great write up @420 and all the photos you posted showing our late man woody doing his thing in the garden. He will be sorely missed but never ever forgotten by those of us here who knew him well.;)

My heartfelt condolences go out to you Miss J. and your family members as well. May he forever rest in peace!:love: :rip::Namaste:

Woody's signature tune for those of you who followed his work throughout the years. Enjoy my friends!:high-five:

:circle-of-love::theband::Namaste::peace:

...Well done @420 !... :thanks: ...I've known Woody for 10+ years, but more personally, the last 6 or 7...he wore his heart on his sleeve, and shared all aspects of his life...the good, the bad and the ugly...I've always respected him for that...an open book...Godspeed Brother!...I miss You...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k... :hookah:

Oh, we've lost one of the good guys. He helped me tremendously in my very first grow, years ago. On the very rare occasions I had to advise him for something like an off topic video, he was always a pleasure to chat to. A real gent. And his journals were a must-follow. Plants by the pool were a joy to see. See you at the crossroads, Curly. Peace be with you, and peace be with your family and friends.

OMG, I hate reading such terrible news. It rips my heart out & brings a tear to my eye every time I read about a fallen warrior. I never knew him.... but the feelings are the same. He appears to be a great guy & just the kind of person I'd hang with. Condolences to his family & friends. May God rest his soul & lead him to greener pastures. RIP !

Back
Top Bottom