Out With The Soil, In With The Hydro! Gorilla Glue & Critical Purple

Puff puff pass. Welcome aboard. Its shaping up to be a nice ride. (Knock on wood). Dwc so far is pretty easy. I like the fact the tent stays clean of all things. :D

There’s a lot of good stuff on 420. Feel free to use my “expertise “ in your grow. I mean take feeely what I have taken freely from lots of growers here and advice is always appreciated. As long as you stay with the plants “lanes” temp, lights, nutes etc. you’ll be. They speak to me and I smoke them.

Circle of life dude, gimme that bowl. :bongrip:

G

I love smoking what I grow... I find it very spiritual. You take care of them, then they take care of you.

I will definitely lean on you, thanks for the follow as well.

Yup. I’ve saved so much money growing my own. Home grown is hands down better than any dispensary weed. Fresh and mine. At least since I’ve been growing. I read so much info before I planted my first indoor grow. Best thing I did. Did the same with hydro. You got quite the setup going. Yer gonna kill it!

Yup. I’ve saved so much money growing my own. Home grown is hands down better than any dispensary weed. Fresh and mine. At least since I’ve been growing. I read so much info before I planted my first indoor grow. Best thing I did. Did the same with hydro. You got quite the setup going. Yer gonna kill it!

Thanks for the kind words and optimism.

Such a cool plant and always more to learn.

A little update. I was a little bored last night and was pondering additional defol. I measured the growth stretch since Saturday and they jumped a total of 5 inches each and bushed out big time so I sat in my tent to open up the canopy again. I noticed that the bucket was super light and there was only about a quart of liquid in the bucket. Almost dry. They drank over 2 gallons since Saturday! Sooooo instead of defol I mixed up a quick 4 gallon batch of nutes and topped all of them off at the same level to monitor whose drinking more. Since more pistils are shooting out I figured it’s time to transition to a flowering nute recipe.

I simply followed the directions for a 4 gal batch as follows

Advanced Nutrients
Grow b 60ml
Bloom 60ml
Cal mag 4 tsp

Fox farm beastie bloom 1 tsp. Lots of micro nutrients in this.

Ph 5.5

Poof! They looked super happy this morning so I rewarded them with clearing out all the bud sites that looked like they won’t get to the top of the canopy on all three to focus all the flowering energy to where they need to be. You’ll see I left some of the larger fan leaves strategically below the bud sites. They aren’t blocking any sites so I left them. I’m keeping the light schedule at 18/6. They seem to like it.

Happy days growers!

3E4F288D-793D-4207-9D81-2552861D7AE5.jpeg
D3C27153-F4D6-478C-A525-6E2B4111C249.jpeg

They liked what I did apparently. They loved The defol. So far they seem to not mind the mid week feeding and were just gonna put these kids on cruise control and see what happens. And one of my critical purple showed me this....

The first flower
9C9A292C-1BA8-4F2E-A29F-94C9E2B92FCA.jpeg

Attachments

• C89F2C55-036B-4B3B-B3AE-4806D3B2FA86.jpeg
    C89F2C55-036B-4B3B-B3AE-4806D3B2FA86.jpeg
    972.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 92A8A724-0A20-4DFA-BA0F-25155F4022E6.jpeg
    92A8A724-0A20-4DFA-BA0F-25155F4022E6.jpeg
    966.2 KB · Views: 51
Mind if I tag along? DWC is cool, no doubt about it. I might try it one day. This is just my opinion but perhaps the best way to utilize RDWC would be to grow Autoflowers as turn around time could be awesome. Cheers!

Absolutely! This is my first auto flower grow and first dwc. I mean what can go wrong? The critical purple has an 11 week flower cycle so this strain ain’t the quick flower type. Low and slow.. But yeah, I did the math on growing quick autos and no time ill have my own private dispensary :p people have liquor bars. I wanna ganja bar! But these buds should be massive.

Welcome aboard

I am currently working on my 4th grow. My 2nd grow was OG Kush Autoflower, I think I ran them about 90 - 95 days in all. Turned out great, I was very impressed considering all the negative rumors about potency and taste compared to photo period etc....Woohooo! Cheers!

Hey hijinkx. I think those are exhaust fans that connect to your carbon filter. Ideally the carbon filter should be attached like this.

Filter>>>exhaust fan >>>outside tent

The exhaust fan will pull significant air into your tent. You should not have to blow additional air into your tent. I have two questions. How many cubic feet is your tent and how many cubic feet per minute (cfm) are the fans you are ordering? If your airspace is equal to or smaller than your fan rating you should have no problems getting sufficient air into the tent. My tent is 4x8x7. 224 cubic feet. And my exhaust fan is rated at 450 cfm. Meaning that it will pull 450 cubic feet per minute on the high setting. I always keep my fan controller on the lowest setting and still causes the tent to cavitate just a bit. Meaning it’s creating a negative pressure in the tent and drawing air in on the air ports. You should
Not need to blow air into your tent. Gonna go check your grow now.

Thanks!

G
2x4x7. Not sure of the cfm but the filter and fan ( variable switch on low) came with a 3x3 tent so it should have been ok for the larger one I had my air pumps inside the tent with 3 fans and I was fighting the sides being sucked in and using bungles to keep them from being sucked in on the girls and the girls started to look sad ..took the air pumps out of the tent to pump in fresh air, and installed a 100 cfm fresh air intake duct fan in the vent opposite the fan filter exhaust on the bottom and the tent is finally perfectly balanced for zero smell, and fresh air :) Attachéd pic is pre fresh air intake install, you can see I was losing a good foot of grow space due to the negative pressure ...

after my flush this weekend ill take a pic of the difference and post in my journal ;)
And yes, I installed the filter inside the tent after this pic ..( in my journal ) namaste!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    420.4 KB · Views: 46
I am currently working on my 4th grow. My 2nd grow was OG Kush Autoflower, I think I ran them about 90 - 95 days in all. Turned out great, I was very impressed considering all the negative rumors about potency and taste compared to photo period etc....Woohooo! Cheers!

Indeed. My last grow had an “accidental “ auto flower in my last grow. After I chopped it I turned it into a big ole batch of canna butter..... hence the lengthy delay in replying to you. I made a cup of coffee and dropped 2g of butter in it. G13. Put me into Lala land. Lol. My bad, it was really that good. I have no worries that this grow will
Produce!

Peace!

2x4x7. Not sure of the cfm but the filter and fan ( variable switch on low) came with a 3x3 tent so it should have been ok for the larger one I had my air pumps inside the tent with 3 fans and I was fighting the sides being sucked in and using bungles to keep them from being sucked in on the girls and the girls started to look sad ..took the air pumps out of the tent to pump in fresh air, and installed a 100 cfm fresh air intake duct fan in the vent opposite the fan filter exhaust on the bottom and the tent is finally perfectly balanced for zero smell, and fresh air :) Attachéd pic is pre fresh air intake install, you can see I was losing a good foot of grow space due to the negative pressure ...

after my flush this weekend ill take a pic of the difference and post in my journal ;)
And yes, I installed the filter inside the tent after this pic ..( in my journal ) namaste!

That’s quite the negative air flow. Good thing you got it all worked out.:goodjob: Looking forward to see inside this weekend. Let’s go see what else ya got going on !

G

1/20 feeding day.

Sunday was feeding day. I typically wait to post my feeding update until the following day to see how they react to the changes. So far so good. This weeks feeding is as follows

5 gallon well water. Ppm 87

Armor si. 5 tsp
Grow a 20ml
Grow b 20ml
Bloom 60 ml
Diamond nectar 20ml
Calmag 5ml
Great white 1 tsp

Ph 5.8

I just did a defol Saturday and the leaves have already filled back in. They still look like they’re stretching a little. They’ve stretched 6 inches since last Saturday, so it looks like they are slowing down. Once they finally stop ill do a final defol of all the big leaves and do any necessary lst. I also cleaned up the lower branches one last time to focus more growth to the tops. I also put the raindance sprout in a rockwool cube. I am going to mainline/manifold/quad line this one during the rest of the auto flower cycle. Since I’m running 18/6 light schedule for them I’ll be able to train this thing in my spare hydro bucket for a good 60 days before I flip to 12/12. It’s a photo period and non feminized. So hopefully it will be a female.

B1026219-97C0-4869-B7E7-73D5BA347A4E.jpeg
98003ADE-BB52-4CEF-8FAD-86B9FD9DD4D4.jpeg
B4A26D24-47E0-4DF2-9D5C-CFF0E3EAB243.jpeg
B320DD33-B3E0-49B0-BA05-EE147E3DE935.jpeg

Thanks highw. They are doing great. Hopefully I don’t jinx it by doing a happy dance. I’m literally having no problems. I think part of my success is advanced nutrients. It keeps the ph inline all week. At this point I’m just following the nute instructions with my nutes. I’m pretty lucky with my environmental control as well. The fan leaves are growing like crazy blocking all
The light. I actually did another defol today. It’s like they don’t even care that I did a defol on Saturday. The one on the left is starting to cluster lots of pistils along the nodes while still stretching. The one on the right is as well. The middle runt Gorilla glue I should have not done an lst. I tied the tops over about week 3 on all of them. She didn’t like it. But she’s got the biggest root ball of them all. Prolly gonna be fat buds. They’re looking a lil tired today. They’ll be perky tonight for sure. I’ll post root ball pics. They’re looking super healthy.

:cool:

Attachments

• 097E4630-54E4-4CB8-9136-268C7F10A3A6.jpeg
    097E4630-54E4-4CB8-9136-268C7F10A3A6.jpeg
    784.5 KB · Views: 46
Good day growers. Looks like my girls took well to the continued defoliation. One of my critical purples is really taking off. Now this is where things get interesting. The other critical purple looks great and is the same height (from top of net pot) at 25 inches. Both plants are 28 inches wide.

The gorilla glue looks like it wants to flower but is a little behind.

My raindance sprout poked itself out of the rockwool cube. We’re just giving it water to keep the rockwool wet. I can wait to veg this through flowering of the others. I’m gonna manifold this in my spare Dwc. Its gonna be epic. I miss the raindance strain. It’s the only strain I’ve ever found that after smoking it over time that there is no tolerance build up. Stoney till the last bowl . ©️®️™️

:bong:

Attachments

• 485A6905-CDFE-475A-8DD7-0229DCCE8011.jpeg
    485A6905-CDFE-475A-8DD7-0229DCCE8011.jpeg
    639.6 KB · Views: 45
  • A6AF811A-8746-4F84-81DA-7CE8B22C39F1.jpeg
    A6AF811A-8746-4F84-81DA-7CE8B22C39F1.jpeg
    848.7 KB · Views: 45
  • D458834C-F6EC-44A3-95BB-E85D091E5C8E.jpeg
    D458834C-F6EC-44A3-95BB-E85D091E5C8E.jpeg
    692.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 34EDEA42-522B-4B19-B90A-DA2215FCCF55.jpeg
    34EDEA42-522B-4B19-B90A-DA2215FCCF55.jpeg
    665.9 KB · Views: 44
Yes it is. I tried to get more of this strain but the breeder hasn’t released any since 2016. He’s got some other kick butt strains. He does not sell online. Only in dispensaries in California. I’m just hoping it’s a female. Either way it will be a good practice session on manifolding.

Back
Top Bottom