AfterMidnight - Vertical/Passive Hydro/1000HPS Bare Bulb

AfterMidnight

The room is 10x10x8 - 800 cubic feet
I have 3, 6 inch holes for passive air intake
400cfm fan/phresh filter 400 exhuasting the room/odor control
6500btu AC

I have a 1000w hps magnetic ballast. I only use hps throughout the grow.
I use a bare bulb.
I keep plants 10 inches from the bulb.
Box fan is blowing up at the bulb to keep it cool.

I made a vertical screen 12 inches from the bulb (since the plants sometimes grow through the screen, i like to keep it 12 inches)
The plants are behind the screen and also i use the screen to help support the plant.

10 plants
The strain is unkown, but i was told it was called Moe x Jamaican. So I just call it MoJam.

They are all clones. I cloned them in rapid rooters/humidity dome/tray with clonex. I had roots in about a week and a half.
I put them in 11 liter mop buckets I found at the supermarket.

The method I use is Passive hydro or "hempy bucket". My medium is 3 parts chunky perlite to 1 part vermiculite. There is a pencil size hole cut into the bucket 2 inches from the bottom to create a rezevoir.

My tap water is a ph of 8. I just use the liquid ph test kit. cheap and works for me. The first thing I do is make my water ph 7. then i add nutes.

The nutes i use is general hydroponics 3 part hydroponic nute system.

here is a typical veg scenario (1 gallon of luke warm water)
1ml of ph down (gh) and my ph is now 7 (if your ph is already 7 then skip this step)
shake
10ml of micro
shake
15 ml of grow
shake
5 ml of bloom

typical flower scenario (1 gallon of luke warm water)
1ml of ph down to make it 7
shake
10ml of micro
shake
15 ml of bloom
shake
5ml of grow

This nute recipe is just following the directions on the back of the nutrient bottle. I feed my plants this EVERY WATERING. Until i see runoof (usually a half a gallong per plant). although, for the first 10 days of veg i water a little bit every day. 1 gallon of water does 10 plants everytime I water.
Then, when the roots hit the rezevoir (you will know, the plants show it and its usually about 10 days), I start giving them water until i see runoff which is usually about a half gallon LIke i said previously.

After that, I only have to water every 3 to 4 days. I waited 5 days once and they still showed no signs of needing water. I like to water them every 3 days because it seems like the really like the fresh water. they just seem to grow faster that way. if i dont water them for 5 days they dont show any negative signs, they just grow a little bit slower.

so thats about all there is to it. I dont add anything extra to my nutes or anything. just gh 3 part and following directions on the back of the bottle. I never have any problem with nutrients or ph.

This is my second grow using this method. Included are some pictures of what is happening, currently. They are 20 days into veg when these pics were taken on halloween (10-31-2010). They are being flipped to the 12/12 light cycle tomorrow so they can flower. (btw, I use a 18/6 veg cycle).

Thats all for tonight.

IMG_003314.JPG

IMG_002219.JPG

IMG_002610.JPG

IMG_002711.JPG

IMG_001819.JPG

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Smoke Report?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom