Jack Frost Grow Journal

Jessigrl

Hello!
I am starting this journal to help me track my plants progress and to also find advise from experienced growers. I have three Jack Frost Indica plants and one orphaned sativa (strain is unknown) all clones. I don't know much about the orphan other then it is sativa.

December-
The jack frost were cloned in early December they stayed in a growbox for around two weeks until they were well rooted. then came to me (3-4inches tall) and were put under a small T5 grow light. That lasted two weeks until it became very clear more light was necessary. They also were only getting warm water the advice I got was that nutrients could hurt them "they're babies they don't need much" so I let them be in there soil until they were better established.

January-
Upgraded then to a 600 watt high pressure sodium bulb for 18 hour day cycle
Grow room stays around 75-85 degrees and 40-50% humidity

I saw a few little flies in the grow room that worried me so I completely submerged each plant (except for there little soil cups) in dawn soapy water followed by a dip in clean water. gently shook most of the water off. I have had no more flying insects since.

This was also the time I transplanted them from there starter cups to 5 gallon fabric geopots in fox farm ocean forest soil. They also received there first round of nutes flora nova 7-4-10

Toward the end of the month the plants started to show signs of stress wilting leaves yellowing and dying
Also I saw some cob webs on the stock and braNches with tiny yellow mites (spider mites)
The 28th or 29th is when I decided to flush the soil and also "wash" the plants for the mites.

For the Mites:
I put soapy water in a spray bottle and soak the plants leaves and stock making sure to use the soapy water to wash away any sign of web or mite. followed by a fresh water rinse.

For the flush:
I decided I have roughly 4 gallons of soil to each pot
Using a splash of vinegar per gallon of filtered water I poured around 7 to 8 gallons of water through each plant
soil starting pH: 8.0
water pH with vinegar ranging: 4.5-5.5
run off water at the end: 5.9-6.2
final soil pH: 6.3-6.5

Plant dried out and perked up I am also very picky about removing "dead weight" leaves
the yellowed or dead and dried out, especially the one close to the stock
After that they perked up

February-
Plants get several rounds of nutrients
on the 7th the soil pH tested at 8.0 and leaves just started to show one or two leaves yellowing and vitamin deficiency
8th do another soil flush with the vinegar water
My plan is to get pH down but outside we have a bad blizzard that makes driving impossible so doing another flush was the best option to prevent anymore damage.
Im going to let them dry out and see how they do from here.

Currently they are 17 to 18 inches tall and 18-19 inches wide :)
Advice and help is so greatly appreciated I am trying to be as organic and simple as possible. Thanks for looking! :):cheer:

photo_5152.JPG
photo_3281.JPG
photo_4226.JPG
photo_1405.JPG
photo_2349.JPG

Pictures!!! figured it out!

:welcome:Almost figured out LMAO, not at you, just your last 3 words above!! Give u an A+ for effort, a C for sideways!

your pics might/should show bigger maybe you can increase size to megabytes, Id guess your pics are small and posted through older cell phone? Not knocking you, just trying to help because

your description/Intro above is AWESOME!:thumb: Looks like you've done your homework! Welcome to a great , no, you found the best site.

Hi mate just seen your journal.I'm new 2 this site.I've started my own journal 2day,but can't figure out how 2 upload pics below my thread:thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake::oops::oops::oops:my plants look same as urs.my are autos.let me know how those turned out mate,and wot the smoke was like,thanks

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom