Outdoor port-a-john grow box

Sweettea84

I have a New gutted port-a-john that has a internal measurement of 3ft6'x3ft6'x6ft. I want to know the best way I can lay out this space to work out on my back yard patio. So I need to be able to control internal temps as the weather peaks to 99degrees around the July 15th to August 15th and low temps of 20degrees around December 15th to March 1st. So I would like someone with the experience and know-how to help me complete this Project: Outdoor grow cabinet.

IMAG008424.jpg
IMAG008331.jpg
IMAG008028.jpg
IMAG008125.jpg
IMAG008223.jpg
IMAG008524.jpg
IMAG008636.jpg
IMAG008825.jpg
IMAG008922.jpg

The porto is an interesting idea, but what's the point? It's going to be so hard to block out all the light leaks that it'll be impossible to use with a light, and it might block out too much light to use it like a greenhouse. Is it out of the question to just grow outside?

Yes growing outside under natural light is out of the question. So I have plans to seal up this port-a-john and put in Styrofoam panels to line to wall with a double side silver reflective bubble wrap. Then install ventilation and my lights. But just confused on the best way to install my ventilation and keeping the temps in check through out the year with grow box being located outside.

Just paint your styrofoam panels flat white. There are tons of how-to guides on setting up a grow tent, I would treat this pretty much like a grow tent. Intake down low, exhaust up high. If you can afford to do it a window unit style AC mounted on the side would help keep it cool.

I'm guessing that I will just use a portable heater for warmth in the winter. That is what wonder about is how to keep the temp up in the winter months and how will the cooler air affect the plants.

You could always try pulling air from inside the home to heat and cool it if you are close enough but it will be minimal compared to a heating/air conditioning unit.

Well I've gotten the styrofoam panels and I am now in the process of cutting to fit inside port-a-john. I'm trying to think the best way to mount the styrofoam panels. Will post pics latter this evening. Later peace

Back
Top Bottom