Papasmoke DWC - 5x - 400W Top LED Grow - THC Bomb & Heavyweight Fast & Vast

re: Papasmoke DWC - 5x - 400W Top LED Grow - THC Bomb & Heavyweight Fast & Vast

As it stands now...

I have a vent in the ceiling of a bedroom closet with a 6 inch inline fan. This is my intake flowing into bottom corner of tent....stand up oscillating fan...2 small clip fans in corners. Big 400cfm fan and carbon scrubber running out to top of roof vent for exhaust.

I have the new ac unit inside my tent in the corner. With the drain hose in a cup to collect runoff.

dam attics and there high temps there just heat traps,
will you be pulling air out of the room when you set up your AC cos if you are the ac wont be to effective.
then you run into the problem of needing co2 with no air exchange.

you can get fans put in your attic that exchange the stale attic air with cooler air that could help with heat build up
heres a picture
attic.gif

seems like you have already put alot of bucks into this op, just remember you will get it back in weed come harvest :thumb:

yea you cant run a roof vent if your trying to cool the attic with ac what you need to do is insulate the roof to help keep the cool in and the hot out if it isn't already insulated.
how do you get in and out of the attic? maybe open it and vent air in a couple times during the day for air exchange
my air exchange is when I go in and out of the room and whatever cracks and crevices there are lol
it needs co2 during the day but its needs o2 at night
it can purify and make most of its own? but air can be exchange for just a couple times at maybe 10-15 minutes

Is that a constant factor of a hot room? Is it not possible to have heat with a low humidity 20-30 in an attic? I would hate to think that the temp gauge works and humidity is messed up on my meter.

I have read other places where high heat and low humidity is an issue. So can someone please confirm this? I'd hate to spend the money when it seems to work. When I manually mist the room it goes up almost immediately. Just drops as the moisture rapidly dissipates.

when your plants get bigger your humidity will go up because of them transpiring,
but in flower you want low rh to prevent mould and encourage resin.

that ac would be a bit small for the entire attic, that's why you should insulate the tent and cool that.

The problem is if your cooling the room with your ac the exhaust fan will just be pulling the cool air out again
and the ac never gets a chance to cool the room

oh and my rh was always below 35 during veg and i havent had any problems

So I ordered a 1300cfm fan to install in the attic has had a built in thermostat to help keep temps in attic down.

Only other thing I can even imagine would be to put the ac unit outside my tent and Jimmy rig a vent and ducting to take the air into my tent.....Hopefully keeping the temps down in attic will be sufficient and I won't need the ac unit.....

This project just keeps adding up $$ .....Hopefully I reap the reward of all the $$ spent. Right around 3200

14 days under light. Seeing some growth I cost myself atleast a week by waiting to feed. Lesson learned!!

Pics!!!

20140317_230316.jpg
20140317_230319.jpg
20140317_230322.jpg
20140317_230325.jpg
20140317_230339.jpg
20140317_230342.jpg

Hopefully heat is killed with fan.....ac unit costing too much space in tent

May need to rig something up from outside tent.....

i hate to give you an idea to spend more money but
your already in the attic partition off a space for a grow room frame it put up some walls and throw a small wall ac unit on
you might need a friend whos an electrician to help you get some outlets up there
just don't have anything indicating growing and just say its a small home office space
wont take as much amp as those portable units and the space your cooling isn't gonna be bigger than 10x10
the smallest wall unit will work just gotta pipe the condensation out somewhere
you only need the electrician to do the wiring once that's done you can frame out for the wall ac unit close up the walls
install the ac etc.. get everything ready painted or whatever lotta work but might be good for the long run
youll have your outlets a small ac unit that wont require as much amps to work
a sealed environment

also as far as the seedlings go i use organic nutes once i throw it in a hydro bucket its getting 1/4 -1/2 strength nutes for 1 week before i start my schedule on veg 1

i hate to give you an idea to spend more money but
your already in the attic partition off a space for a grow room frame it put up some walls and throw a small wall ac unit on
you might need a friend whos an electrician to help you get some outlets up there
just don't have anything indicating growing and just say its a small home office space
wont take as much amp as those portable units and the space your cooling isn't gonna be bigger than 10x10
the smallest wall unit will work just gotta pipe the condensation out somewhere
you only need the electrician to do the wiring once that's done you can frame out for the wall ac unit close up the walls
install the ac etc.. get everything ready painted or whatever lotta work but might be good for the long run
youll have your outlets a small ac unit that wont require as much amps to work
a sealed environment

also as far as the seedlings go i use organic nutes once i throw it in a hydro bucket its getting 1/4 -1/2 strength nutes for 1 week before i start my schedule on veg 1

Great advice....just lacking on the room if I had it to do over from beginning I'd probably build a room to have it all contained inside the attic.

As it stand now I have one outlet and attic light in the attic. I had a friend do the install he is am electrician we used the bigger gauge wire incase we needed to up the breaker later. That's what he is coming to do Wednesday.

Yea I'm using the foxfarm nutes. ...1/4 strength until this Friday then I am going up to probably 1/2 then full strength the week after that. In the 3 days since I added the nutes I have seen a noticeable growth in all the plants. One of the 5 didn't make it so I have two open spots for some GDP....

Day 15 lowered lights to 24inch above canopy.

20140318_223706.jpg
20140318_223727.jpg
20140318_223738.jpg
20140318_223746.jpg
20140318_223755.jpg

Rh up to 45% temp at 85

moving ac unit out of tent tomorrow.

Attic fan coming in tomorrow.

I am ready for for the heat!! I got my ac unit outside of the tent with the cooled air being pumped in thru insulated ducting at bottom of the tent.

Still have fresh air being pumped in bottom on other side of tent.

Installing attic fan with thermostat tomorrow. Heat should not be bea factor factor for me regardless of the weather !!

Now that these babies are really growing ill start using my canon to take photos versus my tablets camera!!

--Day 16 ----> 5 x 400w Mars2 TOPLED 86 deg f rh 44% --

IMG_6022_1_.JPG
IMG_6023_1_.JPG
IMG_6024_1_.JPG
IMG_6025_1_.JPG
IMG_6026_1_.JPG
IMG_6027_1_.JPG
IMG_6030_1_.JPG

As of right now I still have not gotten my purchase of THC BOMB and Heavyweight Fuit Punch from Herbies Seeds. I wrote them after the first attempt had failed and they offered to resend or refund. I should have took the refund because now the purchase is still not here and if it doesn't come in this time I am screwed.

be patient itll come
I use single seeds haven't had a problem with not getting my seeds yet
did have a wrong seeds in my order problem

Back
Top Bottom