Paralyzed Man Arrested in Pot Raid to File Complaint

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Remember that gut-wrenching footage of the wheelchair-bound medical marijuana patient being pulled out of his chair and into the back of a squad car? The victim of this brutality was Rev. Paul Cody, operator of the Hillcrest Compassion Care medical marijuana collective in San Diego.

Paul has told the San Diego City Beat that he’s planning on filing a legal complaint for his treatment during the raid on Hillcrest. Paul is paralyzed from the waist down due to a motorcycle accident, and he repeatedly told the police officers that his condition required that he receive special treatment but sadly, the thugs carried on as if terrorizing a man in a wheelchair was just another day at the office.

“I told them again and again, I’m paralyzed, I have to be in the front seat,” he told CityBeat later.

Cody says he told officers repeatedly of his special needs, but they didn’t listen. With his particular injury, he can’t support himself sitting upright, and he has special requirements for how his legs are supposed to be arranged, which mandates that he sit in the front seat of cars. But Cody says cops cuffed him behind his back and shoved him into the back, where he slumped over. He says he has the bruises to show the damage done to him.

Needless to say, MPP wishes Paul the best of luck in his challenge. More importantly, we look forward to the day when local officials everywhere in California finally begin following the state’s long-standing, voter-approved medical marijuana law so that people like Paul are no longer victimized by their own government.

Picture-2.png

NewsHawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: opposingviews.com
Author: Marijuana Policy Project
Copyright: 2009 Opposing Views, Inc.
Website: Opposing Views: OPINION:paralyzed Man Arrested in Pot Raid to File Complaint

As usual, cops performing their oppressive duties don't care about medical requirements, or the safety of the public...they're out to take you in, lock you up, and take your money. "To serve and protect" is long since dead...it's all about profit these days, and the more bogus laws that are passed, the worse it is going to get. Prohibition never worked before, it is NOT working now, and will eventually have to be repealed, whether the wilfully ignorant of society understand it or not. Responsible adults should not be attacked in such a manner.

Immobile law-abiding citizen was obviously a threat to society. Way to go SDPD for getting dangerous the criminal off the streets and abusing him in the process.

Hopefully he gets an attorney and just sues the shit out of them. LEO has clearly gotten out of hand. Its time for people to put an end to this.

I hope he gets every penny. Then the damn cops will have to stop spending so much money on nothing and concentrate on only the big issues.

Which i guess to them was an immobile citizen who tried to improve the quality of life for himself.

"No, you were a bad bad man, trying to make your life better, how dare you! look at the pain youve caused millions and billions and millions around the world, you should be ashamed, and we all know its an act, get outta the chair."

No, fuck that. I hope he gets every penny. And that those cops lose their jobs, their lively hoods, and get sent to jail. See how they like it.

Sorry for the bitterness, a good friend of mine just got beat to shit by some cops in my city. Why you may ask? Was he selling drugs (even marijuana)? nope. Oh he must of been part of a gang or killed someone? Try again.
They thought he was a "suspicious" looking character, and one of them thought he had a gun on him...

Sadly, his lawyer has told him that action would be useless, under the circumstances of the event (him + 2 other cops, no one around, and he got a punch in (his mistake)), the judge would probably prosecute his ass instead.

Ok, gonna take a HUGE rrrriiippp from mah bong to calm my ass down. Blueberry kush, here i come! :peace:

Unbelievable what is going on down there in S Cali. It's like the 3rd Reich all over again, complete with SS and Gastapo. I just dont get why the San Diego officials are being so thuggish on this whole deal. They cant be real proud of pullin a guy out of a wheel chair after cuffing. Pitiful.

Man, it is definately becomin a battleground down there. You guys of S Cali stay strong and keep your heads down...peace n good luck MF

I think I mentioned this before.

I think that the reason you see so many incidents like this is because of the kind of folks who get into policing.

Generally people who don't function well in social situations, low intelligence and looking to get back at the society that scorns them.

Same ole crap different day. Real tough guys. When are we going to actually FIGHT for what is right. Oh thats right they are COPS. Guess I ought to watch what I say or I'll get the TERRORIST label. Patriot Act my ass.

U have got to be shitin me. I'd sue the department for the squad cars being ill equipped to accommodate people with physical disabilities. Then excessive force/assault, officer misconduct. Then I'd go after his badge. I'd sue the officer(s) individually, the department as a whole, and the city. This is utterly ridiculous. The only way that pic can be justified is if its a photo shop pic or this guy had some sort of weapon he was brandishing. I wonder what was next, pepper spray, taser? Not to mention this dude is a reverend. WOW.

Back
Top Bottom