Patrol: Marijuana Found in Presents

Weedpipe

420 Member
California - The discovery of Christmas presents of an illegal sort resulted in two California women being charged with felony drug possession after their vehicle was stopped Tuesday on Interstate 44 in Jasper County, according to the Missouri Highway Patrol.

Troopers who stopped an eastbound Ford Escape early Tuesday near Joplin found about 20 pounds of marijuana in the vehicle after they were given permission to make a search.

The drug was in luggage and in boxes wrapped as Christmas presents, according to the patrol.

The original stop came about because the vehicle was speeding.

The driver, Brooke R. Molina, 28, of Nevada City, Calif., and a passenger, Brianna N. Berban, 22, of Ojai, Calif., were formally charged in Jasper County Circuit Court later Tuesday

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 Magazine
Source: Springfield News-Leader
Copyright: Springfield News-Leader

Rule #1 in smuggling, No speeding. :roorrip:

while its true that speeding is a no no when transporting....
i live in missouri (misery) and am familiar with the state patrol. if my guess is correct and those folks had california plates that was probable cause in missouri leo's mind. i wonder how they went from speeding to opening wrapped presents? I-44 in missouri is notorious for busts. i take the two lanes whenever i can but with out of state plates your always a target here.

So, basically profiling eh? :roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom