Permalink?

onetoke

anyone know what that does or where I can learn about it, I have been reading through FAQ items, but don't remember seeing permalink info

I am trying to keep track of places I have been and what not... but I am noobish, I admit,

I have basically been bookmarking and renaming things to keep track of places I am sure there is a better way to do what I am trying to accomplish

Help, I am thread/message noob, thank you OT

thank you BayAreaStoner, makes sense to me...now I just have to figure out hyperlinks and the other goodies.

Making progress. I appreciate your taking the time to help

Peace OT

Permalinks are a way of creating hyperlinks to specific posts. If you've ever seen a large journal with thousands of posts a really important post in the middle gets lost over time.

Use a permalink to make a hyperlink directly to that specific post. You can use it to make chapters in a large journal or other purposes

Check out the first post in this journal by clicking on the following hyperlink. I used permalinks to start a table of contents.
The VipersNest Continuous

It's simple - just right click on the permalink and click copy. Then when you paste the link will point to that one post the link takes you to.

Thank you, Soniq, I was wondering about the permalink, hyperlink journal idea. Would that journal be here at this site or one that you make for yourself in like a works/word program. I am not the savviest computer user. Just ask my son. :) Like a lot of us, we do what we do but we're not sure how. My wish list: that all sites put a step by step how to use all there pull down menu items and links....etc. with a pictorial step through, because terminologies vary and some of us are visual learners. A picture is worth a thousand or more words for sure.
I understand what you are saying, just curious as to where you keep your journal, that is something I have been trying to organize for later helps for others and myself. Thanks again for your reply. May the Green Hand shine upon your grows :)

Peace, OT

High onetoke

You can copy hyperlinks into word and/or excel and if clicked it'll open up your default browser and take you to that web page.

You can also also link within a word document to another place in the word document with bookmarks and links - same principle - just no internet involved.

Click on this for instructions how to make a grow journal
How to Make a Grow Journal

Feel free to Private message me if you need any help and I'll walk you through it ;)

Thank you Sonic, I will check out the link. And play with the hyperlinks. Computers, gotta love em, gotta hate em :)

I dream of the day we just talk to them, but then I think all we will get is lip. :)

Thanks again, Peace, OT

Back
Top Bottom