Perpetual Organic Garden of Love

Re: Perpetual organic garden of butt poundin' love

your cloning setup inspired me to go to lowes the other day and just walk around. i ended up with a bunch of parts and when my pump and sprayers came in the mail today, i put it all together =]

IMAG023212.jpg

still waiting for the neoprene, but im excited!

Hell ya good job man. The things are cake to build and so worth it right? Just take a cut and put it in the aero and wham your done. I change my water like once every 2 weeks. I use nothing but RO/DI. Not rooting hormone BS, no nothing. Once roots stat to pop out, I add maybe .5 TSP (drops) of general hydroponics Micro. It isn't necessary but I did notice once the roots show and I do this, they grow a lot faster forming super white spiderweb roots.

Just be careful. The first few reservoirs I tried leaked where the lid met the container itself. Some lids are rounded around over the area they both meet. When the water jets started to spray the water went up and right around dripping out the sides very very slowly. I thought it was fine, let for the night and came back to find my tent water tray filled with water and my pump burnt out. Just be sure to check the lid well for slow slow drips and you'll be ready to endlessly cone!

One more thing I did to my little 2" net pots. I cut the bottoms out. When the roots dangled down through the netting they would get tangled making removal of the cutting impossible without damage. Try it out, you will see what Im talking about.

Check it out. Notice how I cut the bottom sections out of my net pots? The roots get all tangled up in those bitches making it almost impossible to remove them without breaking some roots.

DSCF243611.jpg

Thanks for the info man, I was going to buy the 3 gallon ones but after I seen how nice yours are I think I can do smaller.

Ya 3g would be like the largest I would want to use indoors. You could grow some pretty big plants in a 3g airpot. I think the 2.4 are the best size. Small enough to fit 6 plants around the light, large enough to yield 3 zips a plant.

On a different note, that picture of the plant with white roots in the little .9L airpot...I root pruned it lastnight. I cut off about 70% of the root mass and put it back into the same .9L airpot with some DANK organic soil.

I never tried this in one of these little smart pots. I am curious to see if the plant will grow taller now. Before I pruned it I could tell she was done reaching vertically, she was all out of space. Cutting through the root mass was like pulling apart strong velcro. It was thick and intertwined like a spiderweb.

It was so weird bro...like I put my hear up too the plant and I could here it crying, the plant told me to go fuck myself bro. I still dont know what to do about that. Think Im gonna spray her with some neem for getting mouthy. :Namaste:

Thanks for the tips =] I just tested my setup, ran it for 10 minutes and there wasn't a single drip over the side. If it becomes an issue i'll get some silicone weatherstrip or something. I'm pretty excited to put this to use. The sprayers cover the whole area so well. I might even try to do a whole crop of 15 plants in one of these, just veg them short and flower.

Thanks for the tips =] I just tested my setup, ran it for 10 minutes and there wasn't a single drip over the side. If it becomes an issue i'll get some silicone weatherstrip or something. I'm pretty excited to put this to use. The sprayers cover the whole area so well. I might even try to do a whole crop of 15 plants in one of these, just veg them short and flower.
I don't recommend that. The way those root systems take off, it will clog the hell out of the system in short order, and what plants do survive would be unhealthy from the overcrowding. My pal does a modded sprayer/DWC in one of those tubs, two lids, one for doing a run of 15 clones, then picking the 4 best cuts and growing them out. He prunes the hell out of them, and gets good yields, but I think 4 to a tub is pushing it. Two is probably a safe bet.

Just my two cents.

:bongrip: - JZ

gotcha. yea i didnt really think about that. making a second lid for the most viable clones would be a great idea, but i think i might just make a second veg box and work on perpetualizing my grow. been inspired by journals like this. not really excited about the idea of waiting months between harvests. then again.... im sure i wont be able to go through it by then lol

So all my stuff arrived for my bloom tents Co2 setup. It's funny I thought it was going to be relatively inexpensive because components are way less then they were like only two years ago.

Shit adds up quick though. All in all to add the liquid cooled Co2 gen cost about $930ish and I did it the cheapest, safest route.

Not to brag but it is all working perfectly and kicks ass! When the heater kicks on initially it runs for 103-105 seconds, I counted -multiple times. Then it comes on once an hour for 28-30 seconds.

I sat down there for three fucking hours making sure everything was legit and was not going to blow my ass into the stratosphere like Apollo 13.

The heater raises my temperature 2 degrees when it was on but that is for about 1.5 minutes. My temps have not exceed 84 degrees (yet) and that is with the Co2 gen and dehumidifier running in the sealed tents along with all the lights and other bull shit.

The list of shit I had to buy. I know I am missing shit too that I cant remember.

tankless hot water heater
PPM-4 Co2 controller
Flotec pump
2 CO detectors
1 liquid propane detector
all the shit to build the liquid cooling sys. and I am not done yet...hose/copper/fittings/clamps/pumps..ext.
Two fans to seal and circulate my tents together.
55g food grade rain barrel
and all new 12 gauge GFCI extension cords. x2
and the LP tank

I need to figure a way to consolidate all the wiring/tubing and shit.

I cant wait for the day when space isnt restricted! When I can reach all four side of my tents with out squeezing and sucking in.

Im pretty happy though, between one veg tent

2 flower tents

Liquid cooling

all the fans/pumps/ bs ext.......I am under 20a 120vac. My peak is
16.64a split between two breakers.

I fear I will need to add a water cooler when temps really begin to rise outside. That a swift kick in the bird.

PPM-4 placed in the opposite tent of the Co2 gen.
DSCF25101.JPG

Hot water heater/Co2 gen
DSCF2523.JPG

High of 84 after Co2 shuts off
DSCF2524.JPG

Ghetto liquid cooling reservoirs. 55g drum should be here sometime this week hopefully
DSCF2525.JPG

And the two bloom tents tied together to form a sealed environment.
DSCF2147-1.jpg

Holy bajeezuz - that is intense!!

Today was their full second day and I love Co2. It got up to 86 in the tents today and the plants seemed even happier then they did at 82. I will need and chiller though for sure....when it hits 88 plus outside I will have to run the chiller but that kinda of weather is only 2-3months tops out of the year. Anything below 87 outside I should be fine with out a chiller

hmm... i need co2 =]

although i think for now im going to try one of those bag type ones.

edit. i just bought one that's a pad that you hang above your plants. supposedly 1000+ppm in a grow tent larger than mine. gonna try it out.

One week down, today is their third full day with Co2. They are for sure drinking a lot more and seem to be wanting more nitrogen. Not sure, Co2 is a new learning curve. @ 88 degrees

DSCF2533.jpg

The bluemats....these things are so nice. I used drippers hooked it to timers and pumps before but the bluemats are a night and day difference. Should be able to handle ACT well.

DSCF25381.jpg

The veggin department. These plants will each got a scrog screen and are planned to go into the LED tent on the 27th of this month. This batch is all organic. The plants in bloom right now are COCO with synthetics.

DSCF25651.jpg

DSCF25572.jpg

DSCF2553.jpg

DSCF25611.jpg

DSCF25621.jpg

And some almost finished organic nugs from the LED side. Probably 10-14 days left.

DSCF2550.jpg

DSCF2549.jpg

DSCF2553.jpg

False alarm. I thought I had a security scare.

I bought a window A/C and dropped the coiling coil in my 55g reserv. It chills the water down to 55f at 6/10 setting.

DSCF2608.JPG

And here are the organic plants going into the LED bloom tent on the 27th of this month.

DSCF2614.JPG

DSCF2615.JPG

And these little plants will replace the 6 larger ones come the 27th which is when they start their "official" 30 day veg.

DSCF2613.JPG

I loaded my second bloom tent last night. Shit is all starting to come together and it feels damnnn good to look at the progress with a sweet titties journal.

Now if everything goes right, I should be harvesting my HPS tent in 4 weeks but Im thinking it may end up being 5 weeks, so my monthly harvest might be prolonged an extra week. If the yield makes up for it with the Co2 Ill be happy as shit. Literally, be big steamy pile of shit.

Check out the hussies, they are looking awfully dirty these days!

Here is the LED tent filled with organic bitches. They so fancy and they know it.

DSCF2708.JPG

DSCF2709.JPG

DSCF2711.JPG

DSCF2712.JPG

Here is the Veg tent reloaded with 6 more scandalous hoes. in 4-5 weeks these tramps will reload the HPS tent when those come down. Like clockwork on a pimps schedule. lolzzz..damn intrawebz

DSCF2713.JPG

Here is the HPS tent...these girls are the plants the should be finished in 4-5 weeks. At least I hope so because they are coming down no matter what..sorry for the shitty pics...I dont know how to get good pics with a vertical bulb.

DSCF2716.JPG

DSCF2718.JPG

DSCF2721.JPG

p3
DSCF2723.JPG

I have a question?!

Does Ozone (o3) kill mold?

IDK if you got an answer. Woops, guess this is an old thread, too old, oh well, it's the intent that matters!
* Ozone is for cleaning up the air, masking and removing odors. You might be thinking of Hydrogen Peroxide?
* For the heat exchanger, try feeBay for transmission cooling radiators. Pretty reasonable and you'd be able to loose all that water, a cause of the higher humidity. Nice job on the cooling system you made!
* I have been running CO2 a few years now, some strains can tolerate temperatures as high as 95* but I shoot for 85*, seems to be better, but some times it can get up there. I have no cooling system other than oscillating fans in the four corners, aimed at the plants and takes heat off the reflectors (runs off an atmospheric controller with the on/off feature for CO2), and then the main ventilation system up in the ceiling comprised of two "attic" gable end fans; one at the ceiling goes into the attic, and one at the gable end, exhausts outside. They run in tandem so the CFM's quadruple and this system also can run with the CO2 on and it doesn't extract it because these are located 8.5 ft. off the floor and do not have enough draw off the floor; takes it all from at the ceiling. These have their own, independent thermostat with humidity feature also.
* Nice job keeping those nasty Amps under control; wish mine were. LOL! I am running 600W HPS X8, so my Amps can get crazy!
* Great looking buds, I had a plant all purple (all the leaves), got stolen a week or so ago... W-a-a-a-a-a, freeking low-life, has to steal someone else's hard work.
+ Reps to you... sfttailpaul

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom