PH is on the constant rise, and FAST? Dont know why.

I gotta weigh in on this one.

The H2O2 and the Baking Soda both address other issues in your res that may cause pH fluctuations. If you think algae or water is the cause, then the appropriate one of those remedies will likely work.

I think its just that your plants were liking what was going on. When you add nutes, it lowers the pH. When the plants gobble the nutes, without drinking lots of water (which isn't a bad thing) - there's less nutes in the res so the pH goes up.

Given the age of your plants when you saw the issue, and the general healthyness of them and the setup - I'm willing to bet you just had some good growth there. I would try just upping the nutes a little bit. And you can even use a little diluted nute to lower the pH, instead of pH down. I bet you find that the plants like the nutes and that your pH levels rise more slowly. Mine go from 5.7 to 6.1 in 3-5 days - I like that and so do the plants.

Completely clean & wipe down reservoir (& tray), sometimes algae can hide under air stones too. ( I like the air hoses better) Use Hydrogen Peroxide to clean. Cover rockwool cubes or whatever I like foil, to keep light out. Replace w/ fresh nuts. and add some
H2O2 at recommended amounts depending on strength. Baking soda has salt so not the best because of a possible salt build up. ( as a reservoir additive) Might consider hygrozyme, kind of expensive, but compatible with H2o2 (35% H2o2 or up better than drug store stuff) . Flush after about a week, probably will take that long to stabilize PH even after the clean. Catching it before signs of problems make it a fixable situation. But as stated some ph change is normal but you seem to say it is a little worse than normal. [I don’t recommend aquarium additives either] Could there be algae in your reservoir but not in your tray? You’re using some water so they must be doing pretty good...

sorry took me a bit to get back..

Yes I use baking soda to stabilize the Ph in the water Keeps it stable for sure for me .. & peroxide in my 8 gallon Deep Water Culture tub & my 3 1/2 gal. DWC For algae prevenitive . If your water looks like you have milk spilled it it and kind of slimy greyish with goopy bubbles on the side of your tub at water level you got shit growing in there and will make you pH go crazy also .It should be crystal clear Well your nutes will color it if you use Micro But nice and clean for days .. Make sure you dont have shit growing in there ..
So Now I don`t have that problem even with the light blocked & water temps at 65 deg .I had shit growing in there and ther peroxide 3% is working for that problem also ,,

It is the Buffers they use in my water here . It effects My ph for sure here and the baking soda fixed that issue for me ..

You need to mix the water up with the soda. Then Ph balance it down I keep mine at 5.8 to start . Let it sit for a few hours if you can then .the ph will Climb a bit Ph balance it again It should be stable for you now add your nutes recheck Ph . Fill it up recheck and adjust if needed. . . .Besides I use baking soda when I get heartburn Great anacid also..And Humans eat it every day in cakes / bread/ so it is also safe for your plants . Good luck and let me know how it worked out for you ..

Also found that B soda will lower PH in a bind .

>> LOL And yes I am now using 2 heaping tablespoons of baking soda to 8 gallons of water & 1 3/4 tablespoons peroxide to 1 gallon of water so i just throw in 3/4 to a cup in there. when I change out the tub . I just add it right to the water when I ph it down from the start just add it .in .. I do use more PH down to get adjusted but No more PH nightmares. you can try 1 tablespoon of b soda to 6 gallons to start . See how that works and keeps it stable for a few days your Golden if not add another tablespoonof soda and try just add the peroxide man espically if you are having ph issues ...:roorrip::roorrip::roorrip::roorrip::cool::cool::cool::cool::bong:

Well..... I made my nutes stronger to compensate for the additional growth of my plants. I also turned my air stones back on that are inside my res. I painted my res black to prevent light from getting in and I increased my flooding cycles from once every 4 hours to once every 2 hours. Since I've done this, my ph seems to be pretty stable. It's been climbing about .2 every day now compared to .5 - .6 how it used to.

I dont think I have anything growing in my res, but I'm going to add a little hydrogen peroxide just to keep things a little cleaner. I'm using GH 3 part nutes along with some organic's by GH. The organics are pretty dirty and they make my res a mess.

Cannabis plants themselves can lower there PH (potential Hydrogen) as to fending off attacks being from insects/unwanted organisms.

PH also drops the richer the Carbon dioxide in the air reacts with water to form hydrogen carbonate carbonic acid, making ur PH drop faster. So if u are adding C02 to ur grow area this can be the culprit as well.
Great luck to you!!!

Cannabis plants themselves can lower there PH (potential Hydrogen) as to fending off attacks being from insects/unwanted organisms.

PH also drops the richer the Carbon dioxide in the air reacts with water to form carbonic acid, making ur PH drop faster. So if u are adding C02 to ur grow area this can be the culprit as well.
Great luck to you!!!

typo error woops:grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom