PH meters

Gangamane

Hey guys I thought I'd go cheap on the ph meter. And it completely backfired on me lol.
So now I'm back on the hunt does anybody have suggestions without completely breaking the bank?

I use this one. Had it for about a year. Works great for me.

PH Meter, Preciva Digital PH Meter with Large Backlit LCD Screen 0,00-14,00 PH Measuring Range Water Tester for Aquarium, Pool, Laboratory, Urine, etc with FOUR Free Calibration Powder, ONE Screwdriver and One Plastic Box(4-LR44 Batteries Included)

61nqHPf90wL._SL1200_.jpg

I had a few issues finding a good ph meter, then I found out it was the user. there are several things you need to calibrate a ph meter 1 recommend distilled water Neutral PH of 7.0 PH Buffer solution you will get 3 diffrent PH powders 6.86,4.01,9.18 follow the instruction that came with your meter or go online and find them and they should walk you thru calibration. what I thought was the meter being bad was me not doing it right. besure after every measurement you rinse it in distilled water shake it off and allow the tip to dry give it 2-3 minutes before using shale excess off After I junk a few cheapies I got a DR METER affordable and rated very high easy to use BUT YOU HAVE TO RINSE THE TIP, SHAKE BLOW TO GET RID OF PRIOR WATER.

616HF6FCGHL._SL1500_.jpg

Now that I learned the proper way I don't have any issues I use my DR Meter and double-check with my el' cheapo Just remember it is like everything in this growing game it takes time and patience. and distilled water is a must as far as I know for calibration and rinse. It should always be 7.0 when you start PHing your food and water you are most likely going to need some PH up and PH down to get in that 6.3 to 6.8 sweet spot it can be tough at first a little High a little low 6.0 - 7.0 wont kill it but be sure to test run off. Im sorry Im rambling good luck Hope this helps

I had a few issues finding a good ph meter, then I found out it was the user. there are several things you need to calibrate a ph meter 1 recommend distilled water Neutral PH of 7.0 PH Buffer solution you will get 3 diffrent PH powders 6.86,4.01,9.18 follow the instruction that came with your meter or go online and find them and they should walk you thru calibration. what I thought was the meter being bad was me not doing it right. besure after every measurement you rinse it in distilled water shake it off and allow the tip to dry give it 2-3 minutes before using shale excess off After I junk a few cheapies I got a DR METER affordable and rated very high easy to use BUT YOU HAVE TO RINSE THE TIP, SHAKE BLOW TO GET RID OF PRIOR WATER. Now that I learned the proper way I don't have any issues I use my DR Meter and double-check with my el' cheapo Just remember it is like everything in this growing game it takes time and patience. and distilled water is a must as far as I know for calibration and rinse. It should always be 7.0 when you start PHing your food and water you are most likely going to need some PH up and PH down to get in that 6.3 to 6.8 sweet spot it can be tough at first a little High a little low 6.0 - 7.0 wont kill it but be sure to test run off. Im sorry Im rambling good luck Hope this helps

1664479520215.png

See I got a 3 pack of amazon it came with a pH meter, tds mete and soil probe.. I have cases of distilled water. I calibrated in the exact solutions u named it was fine.. rinsed it in the distilled water after I calibrated to each solution. Waited about 10 min and tested the distilled water. And it read 7.0.. today I just wanted to check the distilled water to see if it was still on point and it wasn't. The water was coming in at 5.43.. and I did notice on the solution packs it came with it had a degrees in Celsius on the pack. So I did some research and it said that the water had to be at the temperature when calibrated. So I am really confused lol . What Dr. Meter do you have?

oh good thing you mentioned that I forgot to tell you , sometimes the distilled water will be off, I changed brands and had10 gallons that were all 5.5 but it could very well be the meter It can be very frustrating here is the Dr meter I use

616HF6FCGHL._SL1500_.jpg

in the previous post there should be a link for more powder also. U tested my water at room temp I keep it next to my tent and didn't have any issues. But im new at this myself I just know what your going thru becuase I was in your shoes about 2 months ago *
Good luck may your buds be big and the buzz even better

apera 60 series with the replaceable ends are a good deal for a professional level meter. it comes with a 3-point calibration, and 2 liquid buffers to keep it in check for a 2-point calibration if it ever tests out. liquid buffers are better than the powders you mix. get the kit with the handy case.

they typically cost about a third less than hanna, or blue lab, for the same level of gear. they also have a cheaper 20 series with non-replaceable ends, that is supposed to be similar in quality.

Hi,
Honestly...just get yourself a blue lab pHpen and be done with the rest. I use it & the EC meter now as well and am not going back.

I wasted too much $$ before I smartened up :)

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom