Photos help find pests

Calimann

egg-on-leaf.174785
I take pics almost daily and today when I blew one up and looked at it, I found what looks like a bug egg attached to one of my leaves, it is obvious at magnification, but my eyes missed it. Still new at posting but I uploaded the pic in my member gllery if it does not show here.

I take pics almost daily and today when I blew one up and looked at it, I found what looks like a bug egg attached to one of my leaves, it is obvious at magnification, but my eyes missed it. Still new at posting but I uploaded the pic in my member gllery if it does not show here.
egg.jpg
remove it before it hatches brother , not sure what you want to know?

I removed it right after I saw it on the photo, then I looked for more but I did not find any. It was just something I had not seen before. My plants are outdoors 6-8 hours a day depending on the weather and inside under lights for the rest of the 12 hour photoperiod and darkness so I pick up the occasional bug.

I removed it right after I saw it on the photo, then I looked for more but I did not find any. It was just something I had not seen before. My plants are outdoors 6-8 hours a day depending on the weather and inside under lights for the rest of the 12 hour photoperiod and darkness so I pick up the occasional bug.

Then start a journal if you already know what the problem is....:bravo:

Calimann,

I had the exact same critters on my plants. I have no clue what they were, but I spend about 1 week, each night (er, the plant's day :grinjoint:), with a magnifying glass and a pair of tweezers going over each plant (10 of 'em).

90% of them I found on the new, juicy fan leaves toward the top of the plant. They were either attached to the fan leaf stem, or attached to the stem of each individual leaf. I picked off a bunch from just about every plant, and I'd find maybe 1 or 2 more each night. After about 3 or 4 nights they never came back. I didn't want to dust the plants in any chemicals that weren't necessary, and for once my vigilance paid off!

Under magnification, they're clearly sucking the precious juices from our plants! I could see some scarring where they had been attached. The only pests I have in my garden are a few gnats, here & there. I thought they might be some kind of larvae hatching in the soil & crawling up the plants to feed... and they very well may be... but I never found a picture, online, of what they might be.

All I can say is for you to go over each plant each night & check, check, check with a magnifying glass, a pair of tweezers, and a nice bowl full of herb. Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom