Unidentified mystery bug

Vercingetorix

I recently discovered root aphids. In the process of eliminating the pest, I found an entirely different bug. It's barely visible to the naked eye, smaller than a needle point. I've never seen anything like it before and have been unable to identify the mystery invader. I now submit myself to the collective genius that is 420Magazine. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Perhaps someone is familiar with this horrid creature? The photos included are at 400x magnification. Thank you.

Agreed. Anything with B.T.I. (bacillus thuringiensis israelensis) should wipe them out. The dunks (look like a doughnut shaped biscuit) are great if you are hydroponic, but can be a PITA if you are soil and hand water.

I found another product called Mosquito Beater WSP which come on a cardboard blister package with little pouches inside of them. I toss one of the pouches inside of a milk jug of water, let it dissolve, shake it up well, then evenly divide that gallon of treated water into all of the other jugs that I use for my watering.

The bacteria gets into the larvas gut, and doesnt allow them to digest food, and they basically die of starvation. IIRC.

Killed off my fungus gnat problem that I had before (and am about to have again thanks to fox farm - more here) and it should kill off any waterborne larval bad dudes that grow wings and fly later in life.

Good luck and let us know if that works for you.

Its a springtail.

They only eat decaying plant matter and are beneficial in soil, and if you look at their underside, you will notice a forked tail tucked underneath. They can use it to get away quickly, like a flea almost but not nearly as far.

Back
Top Bottom