Pictures on when to harvest: Trichome colours

I took these pics today with 20 dollar USB microscope, you must be super careful not to touch the trichomes, once touched they pop and are useless to inspect.
tri613.jpg

nice image...what type of scope are you using?

It really depends on the environment and even the amount if nitrogen they have during flower. I have an indica that usually finishes in 60 days that is about 55 days in and is just now forming visible trichs. I'd say mine still has 30 days. I scrogged her and toped and fimmed her a lot more than I should have early on and also was getting to much nitrogen to her. She is taking off now but she should be finished.plus if its a hybrid you may have gotten a pheno that is sativa dominate.

I chopped it the other day - it looks fine to me. but i have some other going on and i will try to push them a bit further. :)

lolol.JPG

BUt still don't understand y it has taken so long. on website it says 7-8 weeks.
i run a fan 24/7 from outside - temp is between 20-25c
but then again its under 12/12 light schedule because of photoperiod plants in same room.

I tend to get best answers from discussion boards like :420:
I chopped it the other day - it looks fine to me. but i have some other going on and i will try to push them a bit further. :)

BUt still don't understand y it has taken so long. on website it says 7-8 weeks. the Web/Internet has different/opposite answers to almost any question,

i run a fan 24/7 from outside - temp is between 20-25c
but then again its under 12/12 light schedule because of photoperiod plants in same room.

BUt still don't understand y it has taken so long. on website it says 7-8 weeks.

Seedbanks use out of the blue numbers, but theoretical flowering time depends basically on the day which you count as a starting point! I call it 1st day when I see pistils filling the bud sites, but most of the growers just start counting when they flip to 12/12 (which makes it longer). You need to take it into consideration.

My lady is heading into week 15/16 of flower and lots of trichs and I'd say 90% milky but I've honestly only found 1 amber Trich. I do want more of a couchlock effect. Anyone have any experience of how quickly they start to turn/mature? I'm I gonna wake up one day to check on her and find a ton of amber or is it fairly gradual?

wk 15/16 of flower? What strain are you growing? If it isn't amber yet it ain't gonna get there!

Hi guys .... i've been reading this post ....and i have one question.
You can see my girl ... i've been flushing for one week now .... should i flush for another one and then harvest ... or it's already good to harvest ??

:nomo: There have been times I have waited and waited for the trics to turn amber. Yours seem to be little clear yet but the trics on the pestils are sometimes misleading. Without having an over view of the plant itself an enlightened recommendation is impossible. How long has she been in bloom? How anxious are you to smoke it? If you are in a consumption mode rather an experimentation mode I would say, "Where is the AX?"

He he ... it's an NL autoflower ... and it's day 77 now ... i've decided to chop it on friday ... and hope trichs wont turn to amber in that time ... i just want my crop to be "clean" :D ... so 2 weeks flushing ! :D .. currently i don't have pic of whole plant ... this is the most zoomed out photo currently :p ....overall there are signs that plant is coming to an end ... yellow leaves .... and a lot of pistils turning brown :p

It'll be fine. Never grew any autoflower. I hope to have 30% to 50% amber at harvest. I never quite get there but I'm still trying.

Ok, well first of all, there is a lot of great info here, but what if I don't have a microscope or any thing better than a magnifying glass to look at the trichomes with? Is there any other way to determine when is the best time to harvest? I have a plant that's been growing since mid april, it is now the first of September and hairs look like they r turning color and some look like they r wilting. It has good thick buds and started getting Trichomes a couple weeks ago, maybe, give or take a few days. From what I can tell it looks like they are between clear and milky, but that's just me looking with a magnifying glass. I really don't want to wait until they are all amber colored. Any info is appreciated! Thx in advance!

Back
Top Bottom