Pipe and Bong Cleaner

Green Utopia

Hi all-

Here's a quick recipe to clean your implements of medication. Rubbing Alcohol and Rock salt. Also known as Margarita salt or Coarse Sea Salt.

Put enough alcohol to slosh around in your smoking utensil. Add a little salt. Enough to act as a healthy abrasive. The salt won't dissolve, you should hear it sloshing around. Slosh it all arround in there for 30 seconds. Rinse with water.

100% guaranteed to please. I've been using this since 1987. It was told to me by an older person back then. Its a great old tip and a heck of lot cheaper than the store bought ones. Its funny how these things need to be passed on generationally, so there we go - the trick is out there for the next group of cannabis patients.

:peace::bong:

Papa's recipe for clean glass is numero uno! These two pieces were nasty. I really should have got before pics but as you can see, after the PG treatment they are clean like the day they were new! No residue from tar or the salt/alcohol mix is ever left behind after they dry!

000_0291.JPG

000_0292.JPG

ive been doing this for ever, i use a baggie pour some salt in it pour in some iso, drop the pipe in zip it shut hold the bottom and shake, back and forth like water wienie hahaha.

ive been doing this for ever, i use a baggie pour some salt in it pour in some iso, drop the pipe in zip it shut hold the bottom and shake, back and forth like water wienie hahaha.

Awesome tip. Never thought of that in twenty years! So many little drips of alcohol down my hand from shaking a stem! You can duh me on that one!

And thanks Orangeblood for the pics! I realized after I had posted I forget the proof! You da man!

+Reps to both if I can

:thanks::welldone::peace:

Hi all-

Here's a quick recipe to clean your implements of medication. Rubbing Alcohol and Rock salt. Also known as Margarita salt or Coarse Sea Salt.

Put enough alcohol to slosh around in your smoking utensil. Add a little salt. Enough to act as a healthy abrasive. The salt won't dissolve, you should hear it sloshing around. Slosh it all arround in there for 30 seconds. Rinse with water.

100% guaranteed to please. I've been using this since 1987. It was told to me by an older person back then. Its a great old tip and a heck of lot cheaper than the store bought ones. Its funny how these things need to be passed on generationally, so there we go - the trick is out there for the next group of cannabis patients.

:peace::bong:

+reps to you both

The higher the % of isopropyl alcohol, the better it will work as a solvent for dissolving the resin/tar from your piece and the less water content for the salt to dissolve in. I like to use 91% but you can use 50% just as well if you can't find anything higher. I like to have 91% handy to make iso hash with though.

:blunt:

Just finished cleaning all my gear with the PG formula w/ the Trunk5 baggie mod. I could only find the 70% alchohol in small bottles for 50cents a bottle. It did an awesome job once again. I'm also using the Morton course grade salt for grinders and it's not scratching any of my pieces inside or out.

The key for getting rid of the alchohol & tar smell after the cleaning is with a scalding hot water rinse and a good long air dry. Mine come out like they're brand new every time

000_0328.JPG

Back
Top Bottom