Plant Diagnostic Needed

wizgrow

Rooms dialed in and on about 5th run when I now started seeing a bit of this on last 2 runs. 1st was 1 out of 8. This time 3 out of 12. Have not really changed anything in the environment. 1st was with clay pebbles and this time with rice hulls. Used both multiple times no issues. I did get one bag of rice hulls that did have some funk to it but did not use. PH keeps rising now and used to always be solid around 5.6 - have to add down daily now. Using jacks at 3-2-1 for veg.
IMG_20150514_102339.jpg
IMG_20150514_102257.jpg

Help of course appreciated :)

This looks like nitrogen toxicity to me. Classic clawing. As for fix: Flush. Beyond that, I have never grown in rice hulls and others may have better advice.

when in doubt.....flush it out :). with the rising ph and clawing of the leaves i would suggest you may have a salt build up .
is the ec/ppm climbing also?

you need to be absolute certain that that magic poo you are using, is absolutely neutral in any horticultural sense, and its obvious that these hulls are not, broken window screen glass or clay balls is, and anything vegetative is not...!

Rice hulls are mostly inert because they are made mainly of silica. But you have to wash them , because they have rice dust that rises ph of media. That may be the reason why you are having troubles with ph.

Back
Top Bottom