Plant looks a bit rough after leaving outside in rain

mreverything0G

420 Member
I have an indoor greenhouse that I planted to mini and the plants got way bigger than expected so I moved a couple outside. Great climate for what stage they are at and my plants look good.. One got way too much rain and looks pretty bad.. is there anything I can do for this guy?

Here at some photos of it.. leaves seems dry and shriveled

image.jpg

image.jpg

Did you just move them out of the greenhouse?
I don't think the rain did any damage- the damage happened when the sun came back out- the white on the leaves is sunburn...
Those white leaves aren't coming back, but you might save the rest of them by sitting the plant(s) in the shade or indirect sun for a few days, so they can get used to it...

Ok thanks all and hello!! Will try to keep it out of sunlight and see if it helps.
You might notice that some of the leaf surface will recover but not all of the damage recovers. I figure that those areas were loosing moisture from the leaf faster than the plant could replace it.

I have noticed that if I get scald from being to close to my indoor lights the damage continues to increase for a few days afterwards before stopping even though I moved the plant out of the way.

I have an indoor greenhouse that I planted to mini and the plants got way bigger than expected so I moved a couple outside. Great climate for what stage they are at and my plants look good.. One got way too much rain and looks pretty bad.. is there anything I can do for this guy?
Hey @mreverything0G hope you are well my friend. :ciao:
Sorry about your lady.
Some shade will help.
Welcome to 420Magazine my friend.
If you want to say hi and meet everyone here is a link.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Just out of curiosity, and to see if my theory holds up, what kind of lights were they under indoors? I have never had an issue with plants going outdoors when grown under LED lights, but I have had issues when coming from T-5's or fluorescent lights to daylight.

I have never had an issue with plants going outdoors when grown under LED lights, but I have had issues when coming from T-5's or fluorescent lights to daylight.
I have had no problems going from the T5 LED fixtures to the outside. Have not tried the fluorescent bulbs so no idea. Something to think about.

What issues popped up going from fluorescent inside to the outside under the sun?

I have had no problems going from the T5 LED fixtures to the outside. Have not tried the fluorescent bulbs so no idea. Something to think about.

What issues popped up going from fluorescent inside to the outside under the sun?
I've found that when I used to buy clones, if they were grown under fluorescent lights and I put them into direct sunlight they would get leaf burn issues for several days, until they hardened up. If I put them in filtered sun or partial shade for a few days before full sun, then no issues. LED grown clones/seedlings I could move outside into the sun with no burn. I think that HPS and LED lights are stronger and the plants can take the move better than those grown under the soft veg light of fluorescents. Just what I've observed.

Did you just move them out of the greenhouse?
I don't think the rain did any damage- the damage happened when the sun came back out- the white on the leaves is sunburn...
Those white leaves aren't coming back, but you might save the rest of them by sitting the plant(s) in the shade or indirect sun for a few days, so they can get used to it...
I know I’ll prolly hear about this but Google it. Put 325mgs. Plain aspirin in a gl. of water. There’s something in aspirin that stressed plants produce in small quantity’s and helps plants recover. Also a side by side comparison showed a 100% better growth rate as none received.

LED grown clones/seedlings I could move outside into the sun with no burn. I think that HPS and LED lights are stronger and the plants can take the move better than those grown under the soft veg light of fluorescents. Just what I've observed.
Makes sense. I went with the T5 LED instead of the fluorescent because what I had read said they were strong enough to be worth the difference in price.

Back
Top Bottom