Plant maybe dying?

Mnmmc

My second plant now has yellow leaves on edges and getting worse and perhaps dying.
I did a flush and PH is a bit low 4 or 4.5
Height 4 feet
Strain CBDiesel Sativa.
Temp 70 degrees
RH 40 to 45%
1200 watt LED
5 x 5 tent.
Reused pro mix soil perhaps bad?
I never had this problem growing in the summer this is my first time growing in fall/winter.

I posted this on another thread as I trying to find out what to do before this one dies.
Thanks

20201216_102214.jpg

20201216_102121.jpg

20201216_102113.jpg

20201216_102103.jpg

Looks like a possible iron and potassium deficiency... what are you using to feed? What pH are you adjusting your fluids to before applying them to the soil?
PH normally is about 5.5 or 6 I usually don't have to worry about it as I use advanced nutrients called Micro Grow Bloom and combined they say perfect PH.

I have had great success at growing this summer and I just lost one plant 4 feet high to this mystery.

So if I feed it and let it sit for a few days should looks better hey?

yes, I think feeding is what she is wanting. Also, while your nutes may eventually adjust themselves to the correct pH, if you are way out of balance upon application, this process will take some time, and during that time your nutes are not available to the plant. Wouldn't it make more sense to get the nutes into the correct range before applying, so that immediately they are available and working? I suspect that this 'automatic' system is part of the problem but maybe you are simply not feeding them enough.

@Mnmmc I believe those nutrients are geared more toward hydroponic growing but are suitable for soil. I bring this up because I think the "perfect pH" is probably for hydroponic, meaning a pH of 5.8, not 6.5 as it is for soil. I'm guessing it wasn't an issue in the first grow because the Pro Mix was able to buffer the pH to 6.5 for the plant, now that buffering capability is probably gone in this second grow using the soil. I would pH your nutrients to 6.5 moving forward to finish this grow and either amend the buffering capacity of your soil for the next grow or get some new stuff to plant in.

measuring the pH of your soil is worthless and unless you are in a lab, you probably are not doing it right. You need to pH adjust all INCOMING fluids hitting your soil... the soil will do what it does and does not need any help.
Sorry thats what I meant measure PH beforehand which I usually did I just fumbled around doing a random run off which I have never ever done before same as a BANZAI 420 plant ...never done that looks cool not enuf bud tho

@Mnmmc I believe those nutrients are geared more toward hydroponic growing but are suitable for soil. I bring this up because I think the "perfect pH" is probably for hydroponic, meaning a pH of 5.8, not 6.5 as it is for soil. I'm guessing it wasn't an issue in the first grow because the Pro Mix was able to buffer the pH to 6.5 for the plant, now that buffering capability is probably gone in this second grow using the soil. I would pH your nutrients to 6.5 moving forward to finish this grow and either amend the buffering capacity of your soil for the next grow or get some new stuff to plant in.
Holy fuck shit doodles! How the hell you get so smart?
Was just thinking of reaching out to you but I couldn't find your number lol .. as I didn't want to cull another plant.
That is what I was thinking second use pro mix as both plants reached a 4 foot height and started to do this.
You will laugh at this I transplanted my first dying plant into used pro mix and now I get it.

You think if I transplant this plant into fresh promix it will survive?

Woo thanks!! Mike

Ps we should be besties hahah

I'm the Phantom, I'm everywhere. :laughtwo:

4 feet, eh? What size pot are they in? Up-potting to a large pot with some fresh Pro Mix could help. Going forward pHing your nutrients beforehand will help the soil pH buffer (usually dolomite lime or similar) from being depleted quicker.

That follow button will make us beasties. Haha

I'm the Phantom, I'm everywhere. :laughtwo:

4 feet, eh? What size pot are they in? Up-potting to a large pot with some fresh Pro Mix could help. Going forward pHing your nutrients beforehand will help the soil pH buffer (usually dolomite lime or similar) from being depleted quicker.

That follow button will make us beasties. Haha
Lol the follow button eh? I haven't contributed to much or even completed a grow journal I started.
Ok was thinking of going a pot size up and introduce fresh pro mix however it may help means it doesn't have to be done? Beside it would cause extra stress hey? but these pots are 15 inch ones and I used those this summer.

Back
Top Bottom