Last chance help! Outdoor plant is dying - Already lost 80 percent of leaves

budddd

Hi all,
As the subject states I'm looking for advice to save my plant. this is really my last chance.
up until a month ago, I had a magnificent SLH outdoor bushy grow.
Plant was FIMMED and had 4 nice nodes with full of healthy leaves. than for some reason (perhaps too often watering) plant has started wilting, yellowing and dying, bottom to top. leaves were dying on a daily basis.
I have tried to adjust the watering, nothing seems to help.
since than i have tried repotting (with loosing some of the smaller roots) as well to save it but nothing helps.
the plant is almost not drinking water, pot is still heavy but for some reason even if there is still plenty of water on bottom, plant is getting dry and underwater when the top layers of the soil dry up..
I can confirm that a small watering help revive back the leaves- like the upper roots cannot drink the water from the bottom...
current status is- perhaps lost 70 percent of the plant leaves. remaining leaves looks they all going the same direction- they are curled out, wilting. only healthy leaves are the newest set of leaves.
you can see in the pictures, and trust me its much worse in reality.

is there anything else I can do to get something out of this plant. flowering in my area shouls start in 2-4 weeks
20160821_211621.jpg
20160821_205824_1_.jpg
20160821_205810.jpg

20160821_205804.jpg

Re: Last chance help! outdoor plant is dying. already lost 80 percent of leaves...

Have you ruled out pests?
It looks like root problems from being over watered.
If correct, the only thing you can do is let it dry out. An over-watered plant looks very much like and under watered-plant. Once those roots are waterlogged and begin to rot, they cannot absorb more water so it appears as if the plant needs more, when in reality it needs none. A plant in real need of a drink will react to it within minutes. Otherwise, more water just made things worse.

The beginning of this thread might help you decide.

Re: Last chance help! outdoor plant is dying. already lost 80 percent of leaves...

Have you ruled out pests?
It looks like root problems from being over watered.
If correct, the only thing you can do is let it dry out. An over-watered plant looks very much like and under watered-plant. Once those roots are waterlogged and begin to rot, they cannot absorb more water so it appears as if the plant needs more, when in reality it needs none. A plant in real need of a drink will react to it within minutes. Otherwise, more water just made things worse.

The beginning of this thread might help you decide.

I had some small green caterpillars at some point but mostly ants.

I think you are right an indeed i have root issues due over watering..

do you think any chance for it to flower..?

do you think any chance for it to flower..?

A chance? Yes.
Only time will tell. If you think it might have been caused by being too wet, I'd walk away and let it dry out.
A truly wilted plant first shows droop on the newest/smallest branches and petioles - not the leaves. The leaves will still look good w/o the curl.

Thirsty girl
Thirsty3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom