Plant problem need advice I'm stumped

Hydroponic1

Ive been fighting this plant for over a year now and for the life of me cant figure out how to heal it. My patient (wife) likes this plant the best, it helps with the issues she has. Ive cloned this plant numerous times and this is about the 3rd or 4th time Ive cloned out a new mother from it. It will do great for a week or 2 then start with leaves shriviling up and dieing. Then the branches will start shriviling as if they had the moisture sucked out of them. In addition the branches are weak and thin. Im running it in a 3 gallon bubbler Ph maintained at 5.8 it will flucuate up and down but I keep it regulated or checked daily. PPM stays at 1000-1100 Im using Fox Farm trio with Calimagic. Resavour temp holds at 65=66 F room temp maintained at 74 F. I give up for the life of me i cant figure out what i am doing wrong.

Fuzzy duck thanks for the input Ive been feeding GH CaliMagic so Im leaning toward Potassium def. I swear this has been the most agravating strain (bag seed) ever but i havent found a substitute yet, until I do I got to keep this one alive.

Agreed, also perhaps a nice foliar spray would help?
Might be some small signs of boron def there too? I had a mag/boron def while using calmag+ and it fixed in a week with 1tsp eyewash 1tsp mono magnesium and half a teaspoon of trace elements per gallon sprayed once a day at lights off.
I'm sure once you track down the problem she'll soon be happy. The plant and the wife ;)
Best of luck

After reserch and a trip to the hydro shop I have opted to change over to General Hydroponics Flora series. It appears that there is an issue with the water system we are on and it has been causing issues with nutrients being locked out. Most are switching to GH and seeing an improvement. I plan to drain clean and convert everything over and we will see what type of improvement or disaster it makes.
thanks everyone for your input hopefully i will come back with good news......

K update been running GH for over a week now.........
.................. WaHooooo PPM stable all week PH stable all week except the one mother plant that has been giving me a fit. PH dropped every 24 hours till out of the GH range upon further research I found possible signs of root rot on it. 3% peroxide treatment for 48 hours (1/2 cup per gallon). Fresh flush of roots with PH'd water and peroxide mix. Now been 48 hours PPM and PH Stable with small new white root hairs so I am sold on GH. Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom