I'm stumped

LochGee

my plants are in early veg, and have started to develop some kind of problem, at first i thought it was nute burn
but i figure the burn would of started first rather then the yellowing of the leaf, then i thought maybe a mag def but i added extra mag and the problem hasn't improved. Its a DWC , ph at 5.8 and EC around 0.5.

The leaves start off very very slowly lightening up (fan leaves) till they are a lime colour, then the next stage is they turn nearly yellow and the tips start to die off.

Re: im stumped :(

check the pen

it is a cal/mag,look how the very edges "lift",I believe brought on by a manganese shortage,so adding more isnt the solution,YET .here is a pinwheel to show how one nutrient controls the other
in veg I keep it @5.6 +drift to 5.8and flower is 5.6+drift to 6.0

mineralwheelsmall.jpg

phampnutrients1_zps548f1c82.jpg

Bump

Been adding a cal/mag/nit solution to res for last couple weeks, as well as my 3 part flora miro,bloom,veg and problem still continues.. Could this be heat stress related? Do the leaves ever turn more of a lime then dark green if the temps are too hot? Ph has been spot on 5.8.

I'd say you're way low on nutes. FoxFarms and Dutch Masters show EC ranges between 1.2 and 2.5 in their veg stage feeding schedules for hydro. Try bring it up to 1.5 for at least 3 days before you get too fancy.

I had it at 1.3 ec because i already thought mabye it was lack of nutes and it burned my plants.

Plants are bigger now, they have been on an ec of 1.0 for awhile but problem still persists. 3 days ago i bumped it to 1.5 to see what happens but it looks like some of the lower leaves have receive some burn. Ec hovers from 5.8 - 6.0. Water temp 20C.

How i add nutes.. I fill up res (160L) with clean rain water with a starting ec of 0.1. I add mirco.. Wait about 30 seconds then bloom then veg.
Is there any chance im locking the nutes out?

To me it looks like ive got some nute burn in some spots and some deficiencies in other spots, very confusing, its at 1.5 ec and it doesn't seem like problem is getting better so I'm just gonna say I've got some sort of lockout. even though ph is always in the right ranges.

Are the same plants showing deficiencies and burns or is Plant A showing Nitro deficient while Plant B is showing nute burn?? This is the problem I see with having multiple strains in the same res. Plant A might need more Nitrogen than Plant B, but you burn Plant B if you give the right amount Nitrogen to Plant A since you can't feed each individually. Make sense?? Each strain is different (hell each plant is different) in the nutes it wants and can handle. For this reason, I grow in soil. So maybe a hydro guy can chime in with a solution on how to fix this issue.

Yes that does make sense and i didn think about that, altho every plant has the "lighter" coloured leaves. And there 2 that are showing the "lighter" colour leaves and also burnt bottom leaves, its really confusing

That looks very much like a Zinc deficiency. Be one of the first elements to get locked out if the pH is too high.

What brand of pH pen do you have, how old is it, when was it last calibrated, how old is the calibration solution, has the tip ever been allowed to dry out?
Are you able to double check your pH with a different pen or test kit?

Exactly what im thinking lushgreen, i have had my ph pen for over a year, i purchased another one the other day hopefully its here tomorrow and i test for sure if my other pen isnt accurate.

Back
Top Bottom