Stumped

MrBrownStone

420 Member
Ok these 4 buckets (huge buckets) each have 2 in there. They have been outside up to 6 days ago when I flipped into 12/12 , 78 f temp 58% humidity lots of air moving, have let dry out ( lift bucket) then water , I usually dont overwater by nature. It started with one bucket , now its moving to the next one !! Soil to tight ? I have aerated soil with a poker , not enough fresh air ? This just started when they were brought in

All the leaves are cupping downward now and starting to die off could it be there rootbound ?
20180730_221535.jpg
20180730_221535.jpg

Attachments

• 20180730_221436.jpg
    20180730_221436.jpg
    457.3 KB · Views: 29
While it does resemble a water issue here is my take. On plants that veg in 1 tent and move over to another one to flower it can take a few days of slight shock if the lighting source is much different at all. Next time you move plants in I would highly suggest keeping them inside still under 18/6 for at least a week for the pants to adjust. It's very important that they are comfortable when switching to flower. Especially when switching from outdoors to indoors. The light source is a whole lot different.

My best guess is rootbound. I only say that is my best guess because that trusts you saying that you don't over water by nature. 90% of growers do over water.
Are they in standard 5 gallon buckets? If so you can bet the roots will be really packed with 2 plants per bucket.

Thank you for input , all your things listed have been on my mind. Lessons learned about trying to stick 2 girls in one bucket
:( , with 1 in there they do so well , had some extra cuttings so I thought I would give it a try. Last question do you think I should just abort now since I'm only one weekend as this problem seems to be progressing at a steady rate. I'm assuming if it is rootbound that the nutrients will not be able to come up and eventually will and die?
Thanks again

One more train of thought what's your advice on transplanting into an even bigger bucket to accommodate the two girls would that solve root rot or once Roots have started in that direction they're done?

If you have already switched to 12/12 I wuldn't think about transplanting them. It will hurt your final result probably more. I would say if they were in 18/6 still you could go ahead as long as you give them a few weeks to grow into the bigger area. Now that they have been flipped the ride has begun. The good news is that other than that they do look pretty good. I think they will probably straighten out some on their own honestly. Give them a bit, keep watering right. Almost fully dry and then totally saturate them. All and all they look good.

My initial thought is environmental shock. The girlies don't like too much change at once -- do things gradually. Change one variable (or as few as possible) at a time. That way if things go a bit sideways it's easier to diagnose and correct.

Back
Top Bottom