Planting Rapid Rooter seedling directly into large pot

RookieJuana

I'm new to all of this (first grow, first and only forum joined) so I thank you all in advance for reading this and any tips/advice/suggestions/constructive criticism are all welcomed and appreciated!!

So I have 4 babies that all just broke ground last night! They've just sprouted in their Rapid Rooters and today the white Taproot has come out the bottom of the RRs and tipped some of them over inside their humidity dome. With clean hands I stood them back up and put the lid back on--I take it off a couple times per day to check on them and also to let fresh air in. So my rookie question is: Can I plant these RR seedlings directly into their final grow pots (5 gallon self draining garden pots) they each have their own...? OR MUST I start them off first in a red Solo cup or other small pot. And if so, can I use a biodegradable pot so I can just transplant the whole thing? I would ideally like to just plant the RRs directly in their own 5 gallon pot of organic soil so they can avoid any shock during transplanting. Thanks again! ☺

Hi RJ -- Congratulations on your new babies!

> Can I plant these RR seedlings directly into their final grow pots (5 gallon self draining garden pots) they each have their own...?
Yes. Less transplanting means potentially less trauma. That said, careful transplanting is pretty low impact.

> can I use a biodegradable pot so I can just transplant the whole thing?
Yes.

Good luck and have fun! :)

There's no reason you can't plant them straight into their final pots, but if you are a newbie at gardening, be warned that if you don't have a handle on correct watering as well as wet/dry cycles for the plant, overwatering is a recurrent newbie issue and the cause of most newbie plant deaths.

Good luck

Thank you so much for the response! I love how this works!

I'm going to go read about the wet/dry cycles. And I will just plant directly into their final pots. Thank you guys so much for the response!

Back
Top Bottom