Plants Grew Great, Then Stalled - Is This Normal?

Honeybeez

This is my first time growing mj, but I've been a veggie gardener for a long time. My plants are in a small greenhouse and they are HUGE. The veg stage went really well, I grew them with rabbit manure side dressing, compost tea from rabbit manure and boiled coffee once a week (our well water has high PH) The plants are gorgeous.

All of a sudden they stopped growing, they look great aside from being dinged up a bit from grasshoppers, but no growth for about a week to ten days. A friend says they are bunching / getting ready to flower, but wouldn't they still be growing? We are getting about 16 hours of light a day right now.

Is this from heat? We've had a couple of weeks of 90 - 105 degree weather.

Maybe stress from the grasshoppers?

Second question, hope it's ok for this section...

Is there a way to make a mj plant go dormant?
A way to just keep it smaller, like a house plant, over the winter until I am ready to put them out next spring? If so how? Hours of light? Small pot? Cooler temps? Lots of pruning? I'd like to keep a few clones from my plants, but don't need to produce any more until next year.

Thank you :)

If the plant looks good and healthy then don't worry. It will only grow a certain height in veg then will double or triple in size in flower depending on the strain.

If the plant looks good and healthy then don't worry. It will only grow a certain height in veg then will double or triple in size in flower depending on the strain.

Thank you for the reply. You were 100% right. The plants took off again and are noticeably bigger over night. If they double in size I am going to be in trouble, my little greenhouse will be bursting at the seems - lol

I had no idea these plants to so big.

Back
Top Bottom