Plants not growing, help

update for 03/5/2020

plant development seems to be slow, how often should i water when theyre in the ground, because every morning the top seems to be dry and i water, maybe i water a little too much?
let me know if im doing something wrong.

thanks.
Afternoon thc,
Clay isn't the best soil for cannabis, it holds alot of water, so best not to water to often.
Also, now when it rains the plant will be looked after a little from that, so if it has been raining don't water.
You just want to give it some fertiliser once a week or 2.
Let it dry out until the leafs are nearly ready to droop.

Afternoon thc,
Clay isn't the best soil for cannabis, it holds alot of water, so best not to water to often.
Also, now when it rains the plant will be looked after a little from that, so if it has been raining don't water.
You just want to give it some fertiliser once a week or 2.
Let it dry out until the leafs are nearly ready to droop.
afternoon, thank you, was not aware that you have to give fertiliser too! thank you. ill give updates soon. thank you again for the help!

afternoon, thank you, was not aware that you have to give fertiliser too! thank you. ill give updates soon. thank you again for the help!
Not much, just a little here and there for a boost of what it likes. Some people make a tea in a bucket with seaweed/worm poo/ bone meal and all sorts, then feed them every now and then.
Have a search on this site, organic nutrient tea. You can make it with all sorts of house hold stuff even the waste from your fish tank.

Not much, just a little here and there for a boost of what it likes. Some people make a tea in a bucket with seaweed/worm poo/ bone meal and all sorts, then feed them every now and then.
Have a search on this site, organic nutrient tea. You can make it with all sorts of house hold stuff even the waste from your fish tank.
i have chicken shit ready for the plants, not an ideal compost tea lol, but based on a little research it apparently works, my neighbors have chickens and i asked if i can take some of their feces, nice neighbors.
i mix it with water. so i hope it works. weather also hopefully gets better by wednesday.
any advice is appreciated.

thanks.

i have chicken shit ready for the plants, not an ideal compost tea lol, but based on a little research it apparently works, my neighbors have chickens and i asked if i can take some of their feces, nice neighbors.
i mix it with water. so i hope it works. weather also hopefully gets better by wednesday.
any advice is appreciated.

thanks.
Yes, chicken shit is great stuff for plants.
But it is HOT, fresh stuff will burn the plant. It must be old and composted, then diluted with alot of water, well you can work out the strength, but start weak.repeat chicken manure is HOT manure. Does anyone have rabbits? That's the best and can be used fresh as it's a cold manure.

Yes, chicken shit is great stuff for plants.
But it is HOT, fresh stuff will burn the plant. It must be old and composted, then diluted with alot of water, well you can work out the strength, but start weak.repeat chicken manure is HOT manure. Does anyone have rabbits? That's the best and can be used fresh as it's a cold manure.
i put loads of water in a barrel, if i were to guess it would be 1/4 chicken shit and 3/4 water.
i let it sit out for a while. is it still going to be strong and hot?
i dont think they have rabbits. only chickens as far as i have seen.
hopefully this will work out.

thanks.

i put loads of water in a barrel, if i were to guess it would be 1/4 chicken shit and 3/4 water.
i let it sit out for a while. is it still going to be strong and hot?
i dont think they have rabbits. only chickens as far as i have seen.
hopefully this will work out.

thanks.
I think the chicken manure has to be old in the first place before you mix with water.
But I think it's best to make the liquid (tea) fresh or brew for 24 hours, I'm not sure on that.
If you can get some molases* from the super market, the sugars from that will make a super brew that your plants will love. You'll just have to check how long you can keep it in the barrel.

I think the chicken manure has to be old in the first place before you mix with water.
But I think it's best to make the liquid (tea) fresh or brew for 24 hours, I'm not sure on that.
If you can get some molases* from the super market, the sugars from that will make a super brew that your plants will love. You'll just have to check how long you can keep it in the barrel.
alright, ill try and see if i can find some molases, hopefully this will work.
i dont have a brewing machine or pump or whatever they use lol.
if there is any further advice id be glad to take it.
thanks.

by the way, how much molases would i have to put in the barrel?

thanks.
I don't really know exact measures thc, there's an organic section above this outside growing section in menu, the folks there will know, there will be lots of threads written there also.
Last resort, Google or yuotube: bubble nutrient teas.

I don't really know exact measures thc, there's an organic section above this outside growing section in menu, the folks there will know, there will be lots of threads written there also.
Last resort, Google or yuotube: bubble nutrient teas.
alright. ill go check them out.

thank you so much for the help!

alright, ill try and see. its quite sunny now. the soil surface seems rock hard even though i watered yesterday. is it okay to water everday when its quite hot and sunny?
Clay is funny, it should be still quite wet underground, but I suppose the plants roots haven't hit the soil yet. If you give them a good water today, I would leave them for a couple of days after.

Clay is funny, it should be still quite wet underground, but I suppose the plants roots haven't hit the soil yet. If you give them a good water today, I would leave them for a couple of days after.
i wonder, is there ever a situation where you have to water the plants everyday, like in mexico? where its boiling hot.
is it like a general rule to not water everyday? or are there exceptions?

i wonder, is there ever a situation where you have to water the plants everyday, like in mexico? where its boiling hot.
is it like a general rule to not water everyday? or are there exceptions?
I used to follow a chap on here that grew in desert conditions, when it was hot and the plants were BIG they needed a drink everyday.
It's all about conditions, these plants are used to dry arid places where in the wild it doesn't rain very much, so it's a bit trying to replicate that.
Now myself in the UK and yourself in the lowlands have a much different climate, heck you are even underwater, so the water table is higher.
If your plant was big and there was a prolonged drought, then yes you would have to water regularly.

Back
Top Bottom