Plants Ready?

Ruy Lopez

420 Member
OK so I introduced myself on another thread.

Basically, eastern ON, Canada outdoor grow, roughly 6 foot plants in containers and looking to harvest before hard frost which could happen at any time. It's been a lucky year that way and to me they don't look quite ready but have been flowering for at least 3-4 weeks so maybe I'm wrong. Today was the planned harvest day but I've put it off until I hear some insight. I stopped feeding them anything but water about 1-2 weeks ago.

The plants look healthy to me and it's been a fun hobby to pursue but I don't want to wait too long and lose them to the evil winter either so opinions are welcome.

Attachments

• 121.JPG
    121.JPG
    556.4 KB · Views: 139
  • 122.JPG
    122.JPG
    471.2 KB · Views: 126
  • 124.JPG
    124.JPG
    566.2 KB · Views: 122
  • 127.JPG
    127.JPG
    775.3 KB · Views: 125
BTW, is anyone able to estimate how much might be harvested by the one full plant in photos? Just curious.
More than an oz.....less than 10#

Ish

Lol

"You have a month I'd say "

OK well that rots. There is no way I'll be able to avoid a hard frost before Halloween although it still looks good for next week t least. So keep feeding them?

What are options for harvesting before another 4 weeks?

10lbs can't be correct either.

According to google at least 1lb = over 400g. 4000g? Impossible from one plant am I wrong?

Just fed them again thanks for the assessment.

Like I said, weather looks fine for another week but what do I do for options when it drops? Will harvesting ruin them?

OK well I've got a shed to keep heavy visible frost off but it does nothing much for keeping the cold out. I'd just rather harvest early than have nothing but don' want to wast all this effort either. Viable option?

I have the same issue. If you can move em into a covered area at night the ffost wont be a problem as far as the cold you can add a liitle heater with a thermostat keep it set at 60F at night keep the roots warm and youll be fine

Back
Top Bottom