Plants touching HPS - IDK what to do - Help Please

NAUM

I need major help. a few of my girls are growing so fast and i dont have enough room for her to stretch out. She is getting burned...is there anything i can do? Vertical space is not an option by the way

IMG00091-20110711-1906.jpg

IMG00088-20110711-1905.jpg

Re: Plants touching HPS...IDK what to do....HELP PLEASE

I'm going to assume you do not have a dimmable ballast in this case.

You're going to need to try to pull them down at an angle as far as safely possible.

What week are you in?

This is a lesson learned as a new grower about controlling the height of your ladies. Veg height does not equal flower height, I personally anticipate my plants to easily double in height from veg to flower.

However looking good, nice looking flowers forming, I'd guess week 3-5?

Thanks for the tips JJ bones...i will try and bend them as much as i can. Im in my 4th week so a long way to go but hopefully bending them out of the way will help. so how tall do you allow your ladies to get before enduce flower?

Well it depends on the situation, growers preferences.

Me personally, I enjoy SOG growing, so I prefer not to let them get any bigger then 12 inches in veg, before flipping.

However some people have different needs, and may want to grow a large plant to counteract having to grow more plants, for a bigger yield.

So overall have a game plan when you start things out, say to yourself what size you want and then grow accordingly.

Take into account how much vertical space you have, also take into account how intense your light is and how far it must be at all times to avoid burnage. Once you've gotten all your math figured out, you'll know what size range you can work with for your grow, based on the room you have.

Also, I didn't see a pic of your overall room, however if possible move the tallers ones to the far outter edges of your growing space, and bring the smaller ones towards the middle.

If this is possible, I'd do this over bending.

ok cool, thats great advice about mapping out the whole process....i will take my measurements and going forward i hope to not run into this problem again. i heard another grower say their max in vegg is 12in so i will set that as my cap also or somewhere near that... i have moved the 2 tall girls to the far edges as much as i could but the tent is only 4x4 so i cant go too far however like u said that option is better than bending....thanks so much for the help JJ Bones

Back
Top Bottom