Plants turning from flower to veg

Aussiegrower

Hey guys as the title suggests I am bumping into a problem with my plants trying to kick back into Veg when they are a anywhere from 4-5-6-7 or even 8 weeks into flowering.

Basically at the top of the bud they are shooting up and and the leaves a long and single fingered. If a photo is needed I will get one just let me know.

Here is what I know and what I think but I am keen to hear any input from the knowledgable ones around here :cheer:

Righto they are on 12 and 12.
The room is dark and not getting light into it.
They are 2 plants under 1 600w
The nutrients are fine
The Ph is fine
The strain is Good (AK47 and Cheese)
I change the water every week
There is plenty of air coming in and out

Basically everything is as it should except the damn things are shooting at the tops. Now I received some good advise today saying I should cut the shoot of as the plant tries to throw all its energy to the top rather than the formed bud below....this I can see would be benificial to my yeild but the burning question is WHY WHY WHY

So here is the only thing that I could see that I am doing wrong and maybe causing this. But I want to hear from all of you what yoru opinion is on this even if it's one of the above that I said is under control.

I have been running the lights through the night and off in the day....well I have been changing and tending to the water during the day and this lets light in....I am wondering wether this could be the problem?

We are not talking hours of light we are talking minutes and then once a week maybe a hour of light when I change the water over. Could this be my problem??

I will now obviously stop watering during the day as I feel that is my problem but as stated I am real keen to hear from you guys! I look forwrard to being a part of this great comunity you guys have going here and contributing as much as I can to my tru passion in life ..... :rollit::roorrip::cheer::smokin::popcorn:;) HEHE

Also on top of the doing the water I am a bad one at looking at them during their dark period again this only lets minimul light in to the room but would it be enough!

Cheers and sorry for the long post but I was trying to cover all bases for you to help diagnose!

This is puzzling. One would expect such short intervals of light every once and a while would cause the plants to herm. before they would actually fully revert to the veg. stage.

I would do two things.

1. Make 100% certain the light and timer is working properly. If the timer is turning the light on for some reason during the dark period that would certainly be enough. Stop interrupting the dark period even for the shortest amount of time as these plants seem very sensitive.

2. Turn the light cycle 10/14 (light/dark). A little extra dark time may make up for whatever is happening and keep them in flowering. Also, at 8 weeks a shorter light period should not matter very much at all. :peace:

Thanks for the reply man and it's good to read some input as I am with you on what you are saying about the short light periods. I tell you it makes me crazy to think whats happening with them as I have never experienced this before!!

I should have made my self a bit clearer though ... they aren't fully turning to veg it just appears that's what they want to do by the leaves changing and being single finger and All of a sudden the nodes space out at the top. I will grab a picture and hopefully that will show you guys what I mean and make it a bit clearer.

Here are a few pics of what I am talking about...
Aussiegrower_125.jpg

AussieGrower_121.jpg

Here is the next generation ready to go!
Aussiegrower_127.jpg

Back
Top Bottom