Plastic container for water?

bmo420

Hey is a big plastic tub/container okay to use when letting my tap water sit out? Or should I use a different kind of container other than plastic?

Hope its ok cuz thats what i use......:peace:

Yeah its fine. I use my watering can or a bucket.

But just FYI a lot of this chlorine stuff is just hype. Chlorine is actually a essential nutrient for plants. Its only toxic in mega doses, doses that as far as I know, NO tap water even poses.

So I don't need to let me water sit? The ph is about 6-7 straight from the tap..could I use the faucet in my basement and attach a hose to it to water instead of letting it sit?.. I would still need a container to mix my nutirents and water together,

Soil, I bought growing soil from local head shop .. And I have flora mico, and heavy harvest bloom and grow

I use a regular ol watering can for feeding smaller plants and just mix it up in the can and let the tap spray inside to mix it up naturally and easily.

If I am feeding huge plants that take many gallons per plant a 1.5 gallon watering can is just not practical. So what I do for those is I use a hose. I mix up a very concentrated nute solution that would be enough for say 20 gallons of water, but in just 1 gallon of water. Then while I am spraying the plants with straight water from the house I also pour an equivalent amount of nutes.

So if I had nute solution in my watering can for 20 gallons I pour 1/20th of nutes out per gallon. You just do them together and the spray from hose mixes it together naturally.

If you don't have a steady hand or are bad at eyeballing, I dont really recommend this though. For me it works and is practical.

I dunno if I should make a new thread for this but ill post it here anyways .. When it comes to feeding my plants.. How much water should I be mixing nutes in? I have 6 plants in 4 gallon pots. Should I be giving them each like a gallon of water with nutes? Or more? Less?

I just orderd a hose, "the pocket hose" and found out that it is not safe to drink from .. Will this pose an issue for my plants?

Plastics can contain stuff that is not good for drinking. I personally switched from plastic bottles to stainless steel. Rubber hoses make water taste like rubber and clearly affect the water. I've seen garden hoses that say 'not for drinking water'

The plant, like your body, is mostly water, I'd consider water to be very important. Ditch the hose, get a 'food grade' hose at home depot.

Would it be enough. To let the water run through the hose to let the water that's been sitting in it out, before watering my girls..or u think I'd still be riskin it?

Once you have whatever it is in the water, it's too late. Sitting it out only works for chems that evaporate. What if it's a solid?

From what I see, it's a $12 hose, use it for something else like washing the car.

Treat your plants the way you'd treat your food, or even better.

How much hose do you need? If your mixing in 5 gallon buckets, you only need a few feet of hose. That should cost < $10 for food grade hose from HD.

Honestly, I think you are freaking out way way way too much about using a hose, or plastic containers.

I am sure we could find other things in your grow op that are far less sterile besides using a hose.

Point is just relax, use a hose to water plants if it makes life easier, I do. Hell id drink from the hose if I was thristy.

As for how much to water, you need to water until run off at least sometimes. However doing it all the time is not necessary.

I know letting the water sit won't help, what I'm asking is is it safe to water them with the hose that's "harmful to drink from" if I spray the water that's been sitting inside the hose/absorbing the chemicals down the drain for a min or 2 and then spray the clean new water on my plants. I am only worried because if its not safe for humans to drink from, why would it be safe for my plants to drink from?

Back
Top Bottom