Please Confirm Deficiency or Light Burn?

Canadabinol

Hey guys, just thought I'd reach out to the community to see whether or not you guys can confirm my problem for me.

I have 3 Green House Seeds Co. White Widow (FEM) that started veg from seed around September 1st. I germinated them about 4 or 5 days before the first and waited for them to sprout. I am using Black Earth (Nutrientless Soil) mixed with equal parts Perlite and Vermiculite. They are vegging in a 4x4 tent using a 1000w Digital Ballast MH that is turned down to 50% at the moment.

I am not sure if they are having a deficiency from not having any nutrients at all in the soil or if it may be light burn. I was skeptical at putting anything at all in the soil yet because I've read so many things about people over feeding a plant that was too young to be fed. They are well over 2 weeks old now and I'm thinking I'm just a little bit late giving them any food.

The one other thing I can think of is that it could be a light burn because about a week ago I bought another timer for my 6" Inline Fan/Carbon Scrubber/Speedster combo so that I could have the fan shut off half an hour after lights out and start back up half an hour before the six hour dark cycle ends. However when I went about making sure the timers were exactly on par with each other as I plugged back in the timer that my ballast is on I accidentally hit the switch upwards making it run constantly. This resulted in my light staying on full time while my 6" Inline Exhaust shut off for 5 and a half hours. This went on for three days until I realized what was going on. I have my timers set to go off for 6 hours of darkness when I go to work for safety reasons, I'm a bit paranoid that if anything ever caught fire I'd want to be home to put it out, therefor everything is off while I'm at work. So for three days it got a little bit hot in the tent no doubt stressing the little ladies for 6 hours a day for 3 days.

I honestly don't know if this is what my problem is however because I have 6 other plants in the tent vegging, that are a week behind the three white widows, and they are showing absolutely no signs at all like the three oldest plants.

Here are some pictures. And for those of you who are interested the other plants are as follows: 3 Cali Dog (FEM) *LAST PICTURE IS THE GROUP OF 3*, 1 Royal Cheese (FEM), 2 Amnesia Haze (FEM) all from Royal Queen Seeds.

Thanks in advance for any help directed my way. I'm not too worried as I know the plants will be just fine, I have ordered my nutrients and it will be here within the next couple days. I ordered the 32oz Fox Farm Trio, 32oz Cal-Mag from Organic Nutrients Line, 1oz Great White, and some Bat Guano for when I transplant into 5G Bags.

If it was heat burn, the top of the plant would be turning yellow, drying, and etc.

You have yellowing on the bottom leaves of the plant... classic symptom of nitrogen deficiency.

It is time to feed to plants.

Hi mate,
Well looks to me to be a N deficiency.. That Fox Farms soil Ive noticed a few members have had issues with.. As long as your temps are in check and the light isnt too close, then Light burn wont be the cause and as said the burn would be at the tops, youd either have bleaching of the color or total brown n crispy!! So thats cool, you just need to find a good ORGANIC feed that has some N,P,K in it, Dont need much nutes at this age - But id suggest some just to correct the lil ones and in a few days they should show new fresh growth and the stuffed leaves will die off. Just keep tabs on it, water mostly but a light feed should help you I hope. I raise my seedlings under Cfl's, They boom under them for some reason :) Best wishes, Smokem..

Hi mate,
Well looks to me to be a N deficiency.. That Fox Farms soil Ive noticed a few members have had issues with.. As long as your temps are in check and the light isnt too close, then Light burn wont be the cause and as said the burn would be at the tops, youd either have bleaching of the color or total brown n crispy!! So thats cool, you just need to find a good ORGANIC feed that has some N,P,K in it, Dont need much nutes at this age - But id suggest some just to correct the lil ones and in a few days they should show new fresh growth and the stuffed leaves will die off. Just keep tabs on it, water mostly but a light feed should help you I hope. I raise my seedlings under Cfl's, They boom under them for some reason :) Best wishes, Smokem..

Nope. I disagree with your input. That necrosis is not N deficiency related. You don't get necrosis at this small stage with N def, you get yellowing of new growth....
On the other hand, a ph problem that blocks out p or a o2 problem that raises ph is likely to cause that necrosis.

Happy growing.... SMOKEMUPM8;)

Back
Top Bottom