Please Double Check my Elect. Plan

Yes, I am actually looking for a timer for the lights and a 2nd timer sustem to run the 4 pumps. I only have the 4 600 watt hoods and bulbs right now, so I could go with 220 in necessary.

I like the intermatic mechanical timers because they have a high current rating (40 amp) and are very reliable. if you have the option of 220v, this will half your current draw from the lights/ballasts. because of their lower amperage, the pumps can run on light duty (15 amp), lower cost timers...

24 Hour Dial | Intermatic, Inc.

Yes because you want to rely on the last ditch safety device....

i would have to disagree. you dont want to rely on the circuit breaker. you want to rely on a solid, safe electrical plan and construction. the breaker is there if something goes wrong, not as a buffer to a poorly designed, unbalanced. overloaded system. i've seen breakers that literally crumble in your hand because they are running close to capacity all the time. over 100 residential electrical fires occur EVERY day in the us.....

i would have to disagree. you dont want to rely on the circuit breaker. you want to rely on a solid, safe electrical plan and construction. the breaker is there if something goes wrong, not as a buffer to a poorly designed, unbalanced. overloaded system. i've seen breakers that literally crumble in your hand because they are running close to capacity all the time. over 100 residential electrical fires occur EVERY day in the us.....

Yes that was in reply Mr Smiths comment...I guess sarcasm is readily apparent in text huh?
I agree Hog

The electrical system is something you do not want to go cheap on, build it once and build it right. Go overkill and rest easy.

Back
Top Bottom