Please Help! 20° Temp Fluctuations

savingson

Hey everyone. Thank you for taking the time to read this. Im a newbie on my first grow and Im having a temp dilemma!!! Im 5 days in flower and I know I have to get this right asap. Im dropping 20° overnight. I run around 80° during lights on and I noticed its dropping to 60° overnight. Will this hurt my girls? Should I add a heater/heat pad at night? Thabks in advance for all the help. Other than the temp issue my girls are looking good
420-magazine-mobile2011984180.jpg

Sent w my Light, Love and Energies

Inkbird ITC-308 Digital Temperature Controller Thermostat Regulator UK Socket, Dual Relays 1 Heating & 1 Cooling 220V Plug Inkbird ITC-308 Digital Temperature Controller Thermostat Regulator UK Socket, Dual Relays 1 Heating & 1 Cooling 220V Plug: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home

I use 2 of these thermostat plugs with a 2000w fan heater in each that kick in at 19 degrees and off at 20 so my room stays quite accurate.. They also have a cooling socket for when the room gets too hot.. Hope this helps you.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

What are you growing in and where is hot air going at night?

Psalm 104:14

"He causes the grass to grow for the cattle, and the herb for the service of Man".

Have you tried opening ventilation during lights on and closing during light off?
Good luck.

a friend in need is a friend in deed!!! a friend with weed is better!!
Yes!!! I did this last night. The temps still dropped but my RH jumped up crazy!!

What are you growing in and where is hot air going at night?

"He causes the grass to grow for the cattle, and the herb for the service of Man".
I built a stealth cabinet. I have to stay stealth. I built in a intake on the bottom and exhaust on top. I close both at night. I insulated the entire wardrobe. I haven't had any issue until changing to 12/12. Is a 20° drop bad?

Humm do the temp in your house drop?

Not really. Its an old home though. Not well insulated. I noticed discoloring on one plant. Could it be from temps? Deficiency? I looked online but it doesnt really look like any pics I see.
420-magazine-mobile1364867948.jpg

15°c-26°c :)

You might need heating pad in their.
With leds 29°c is good. The hps growers aim for 28°c because their lights burn leaves easier because they radiate heat more than leds.
So what i make out is with leds you need a little more heat.
Good luck with grow.

a friend in need is a friend in deed!!! a friend with weed is better!!

I'm by no means an expert but I read The Cannabis Grow Bible by Greg Green before starting my first grow a couple months back. In it he says that sufficient temperatures range between 55 and 85 degrees. I even read about people getting good yields outdoors when temperatures dropped to just above freezing at night. If you think about it, temperatures outside typically range 20 degrees or more between night and day. So I think you're ok, but a heating pad can't hurt so long as you remember to turn it off when your lights are on. You don't want to exceed 85.

I'm by no means an expert but I read The Cannabis Grow Bible by Greg Green before starting my first grow a couple months back. In it he says that sufficient temperatures range between 55 and 85 degrees. I even read about people getting good yields outdoors when temperatures dropped to just above freezing at night. If you think about it, temperatures outside typically range 20 degrees or more between night and day. So I think you're ok, but a heating pad can't hurt so long as you remember to turn it off when your lights are on. You don't want to exceed 85.
Thanks everyone. Ill be getting a pad ( and a timer :) ) tonight

Inkbird ITC-308 Digital Temperature Controller Thermostat Regulator UK Socket, Dual Relays 1 Heating & 1 Cooling 220V Plug Inkbird ITC-308 Digital Temperature Controller Thermostat Regulator UK Socket, Dual Relays 1 Heating & 1 Cooling 220V Plug: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home

I use 2 of these thermostat plugs with a 2000w fan heater in each that kick in at 19 degrees and off at 20 so my room stays quite accurate.. They also have a cooling socket for when the room gets too hot.. Hope this helps you.

I also have 2 inkbirds. They are a really good peace of kit. I grow in a wooden shed and they hold temps with in 1 degree c.

You can also get a programmable version of the inkbird itc 308, inkbird itc 310.. It lets you set 6 different temp stages set in minutes, hours or days with 999 cycles
420-magazine-mobile963139457.jpg

You can plug as many fans into a multisocket with it as theyre low wattage but never more than one heater which is why i have the 308 also just set on the night temp. So much better than trying to work out times to click heater on.

Back
Top Bottom