Please help: Clones are very stressed

GrowCan

I have two clones that have been rooted for about 4 weeks. The mature leaves near the bottom of the plant have curled downward and are becoming crispy and turning a brown-tan color. The new foliage is turning reddish-brown on the tips/sides of the leaves. I keep a 150w CFL hanging above them and the temperature under the leaves remains around 77-78F. I keep the soil moist (not wet) and feed nutrients/fertilizer every other watering. Some leaves show a slight purple coloring and I'm unsure what this might be.

Today, I lowered the plant from the light to see if this was a heat sensitive issue. I have set up a deep water culture system (bubbler) with bat guano, micro nutrient tab and worm castings. I'd like to transplant one of my clones into this DWC system, but I'm afraid that it might kill them shortly after transplantation.

If anyone could help me or provide any insight to this problem, I would be very appreciative. The mother plant is healthy and displays a forest green color along with a mint aroma.

Scratch the above post. Here's my plant with purple/red splotching. Does anyone have an idea what might be the problem or problems?
SAM_0785.JPG

No one, really?

Grow in - Soil
Soil type - non-fertilized/plain soil
Nutrients - Earth Juice
Housing - Modified 4.5ft trash can
Avg. Temperature - 76-77F
Light - 150w CFL with housing + 42w CFL

Please, I'm sure the problem is related to nitrogen deficiency and have made steps to correct it.

I have set up a deep water culture system (bubbler) with bat guano, micro nutrient tab and worm castings. I'd like to transplant one of my clones into this DWC system, but I'm afraid that it might kill them shortly after transplantation.

What do you mean a DWC with bat guano and work castings? DWC uses hydro nutes and hydroton or some other inert media.

I would say there is a lot of stuff going on here, how often do you water? what is the pH of you run off? What is the pH of you nute solution? What is your source water?

What do you mean 4.5ft garbage can? Seems a little large for a seedling.

So this clone started out with no roots and then it got put in high N soil.
The roots started out then they went into t p lockout becuase of overwetness and o2 def.

This is textbook case of plant acid reflux disease. P def PH lockout of p and o2 def from n tox. I call it plant acid reflux.

Cut large holes in bottom of container for drainage. pour like 3 gallons of regular water through it over the course of 3-5 hours. then water it once per day with nothing except reg water until you see some sign its not dieing.

To get it to be stable you can also repot it into a regular bark based mix. But that combined with the low light levels is slowly killing her.

I don't understand all this cloning trouble. I guess if you do a lot of them when you see shit like this you just pull it and move on but in this case you are going to nurse that sick baby till the day you kill her.

Back
Top Bottom